Minneapolis to require all boat inspections

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Welcome to California….

Jake_A

I am soooo glad I live in WI…otherwise I’d be the guy to get a ticket AIS stuff is getting WAY out of hand. I have an idea-take away money from the inspection programs and put it towards research. No matter how much you try they will find a way in eventually, might as well find a way to get rid of them once they are here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

An emergency resolution…

Never waste a good crisis!

I think we are very near a tipping point where we will have to form and anglers group to combat this insanity. This fear mongering and ridiculous restrictions are spreading faster than zebra mussels from a livewell.

What should we call it?

I say:
    Anglers Interested in Sensible Solutions or

AISS

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

This action will be found illegal. Minnesotans have a constitutional right to access public waters to hunt and fish.

-J.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

I think we are very near a tipping point where we will have to form and anglers group to combat this insanity

Absolutely, Pug and it has begun…

If interested, join my new Facebook group MN Anglers Interested in Sensible Solutions.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

“Inspectors will be on duty at each lake from 6 to 10 a.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday as well as 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Outside those hours, the boat launch will be chained off and closed to boaters; park police can cite boaters if they enter during those times.”

So the way I read that: 10am till 5pm daily is closed as well as Sundays. Hmmm seems like a good plan.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mpls just lost all my business. Bye Bye comrades.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Man! I go away for a few months and the place goes to hell.

dd

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

sorry, we got a double going.

I might siggest we all show up with boats in tow at the Carver County Special Board mtg. tonight and tell the Board to go inspect our Boats.

In my post I added info. To contact the board to just say NO to Gates on Bavaria.

Per Google Maps it is 7.1 miles (16-minutes) from the Lakes Bavaria Access to Lake Minnewashta Regional Park where the proposal would require you go to get you boat inspected and a code to open the gate.

Add in 10 minutes for an inspection plus wait time and you’re looking at close to an hour delay to get on the lake per this proposal.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Yep. Just noticed the double post as well. LIke I said in the other one I highly doubt they can legally get away with this. I have no problem being one of the first people to test them on this issue as well. I enjoy a good ol’ fashioned battle every once in a while.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

This will sure solve the problem of people emptying their aquariums into the lakes also and spread exotics. The only real solution is going to be fill them pot holes in and make parking lots for the new stadium.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Wonder how they plan on enforcing all the canoes and kayaks that can be plopped in those lakes from anyplace along the shoreline. They too, are just as likely to introduce invasives. Common sense obviously is tossed out the window here.

desperado

Quote:

Quote:

An emergency resolution…

I think we are very near a tipping point where we will have to form and anglers group to combat this insanity. This fear mongering and ridiculous restrictions are spreading faster than zebra mussels from a livewell.

What should we call it?

I say:

AISS

How about

Anglers Sensible Solutions Have Overcome Law Enforcement’s Silliness

or maybe

Anglers Solutions SHall Overcome Law Enforcement Silliness

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Jeez Desparado. I cant tell if you’re for or agan us?! Sounds like against if you think we should refer to ourselves that way.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

An emergency resolution…

What should we call it?

I say:

AISS

How about this one:

Anglers In Dire Straits.

Has that one been used yet?

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

97C.201 STATE FISH STOCKING PROHIBITED WITHOUT PUBLIC ACCESS.
    The commissioner and state agencies may only stock fish in waters where there is public access. The commissioner may stock fish in any stream within privately owned lands where the public is granted free access to and use of the stream for fishing purposes

I think this law may stop the Mpls Park Board in it’s tracks. All of these lakes have been stocked by the DNR so we should have access that is unimpeded.

desperado

Quote:

Jeez Desparado. I cant tell if you’re for or agan us?! Sounds like against if you think we should refer to ourselves that way.

definitely Against the Law Enforcement Silliness

the acronym could refer to what we think of those who are trying to impose a$$inine restrictions

or could it refer to the fact that we could become real s due to the impososition of such a$$inine restrictions

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Got it and like it!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

What should we call it?

I say:

AISS

Hows about

Ornery Legion of Dedicated Fishermen Against Ridiculous Town Statutes

Just imagine the headline: OLDFARTS sit at boat landings and protest by shaking fists at young kids.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

I have an idea-take away money from the inspection programs and put it towards research.

You must have missed those threads … that notion has been deemed by higher ups “Pugg :-)” to be ridiculous and a waste of money, the theory is you can’t ever control or stop them so just let it happen. The U of M is trying to secure funding for this purpose and it was basically laughed out of IDO by the majority.

Less traffic on pool 2? sign me up ASAP~

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

I have an idea-take away money from the inspection programs and put it towards research.

You must have missed those threads … that notion has been deemed by higher ups “Pugg :-)” to be ridiculous and a waste of money, the theory is you can’t ever control or stop them so just let it happen. The U of M is trying to secure funding for this purpose and it was basically laughed out of IDO by the majority.

No, what was laughed out of IDO is the premise that any rearch the U would do wouldn’t turn into a lifelong mission and career for the researchers.

brian_j

I wonder if all these big government proponents that are rejoices at city hall realize this means they can’t take their paddle boards and kayaks out when the lake is closed.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Quote:

“Inspectors will be on duty at each lake from 6 to 10 a.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday as well as 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Outside those hours, the boat launch will be chained off and closed to boaters; park police can cite boaters if they enter during those times.”

So the way I read that: 10am till 5pm daily is closed as well as Sundays . Hmmm seems like a good plan.

If this lasts until football season what are the Viking fans going to do on Sundays.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Why waste all that money when it could be used to stock walleye?

What we were discussing before was giving money to the U to research a electric barrier at St Anthony. So we close a lock and make a 2 mile stretch illegal to fish to keep them from making it to the CR dam…if they aren’t there already?

Doesn’t anyone believe in ROI? What if they poor all the money into it turn it on and the next day 10 silver carp are found above the barrier?

You are seeing the return on investment right now. The return is less fun in an activity that used to feel like we were free from hassles. And that is costing us money and DNR man hours.

Lets focus on what we don’t know.

We don’t know if silvers can survive in numbers up here enough to be a nuisance or affect the fishery.

We don’t know if any of these things will even slow the spread of any invasives. So far we have failed.

We don’t know if zeebs are even much of a nuisance. They have been on the Miss and St Croix for years. Maybe on lakes where there are water intake valves for manufacturing or whatever, but they haven’t seemed to affect the number of fishermen and pleasure boats where they exist.

Let me put it in these terms. If someone gave you $1M and then said, double or nothing, lets flip a coin, would you do that?

deertracker

Quote:

Quote:

the acronym could refer to what we think of those who are trying to impose a$$inine restrictions
    or could it refer to the fact that we could become real s due to the impososition of such a$$inine restrictions

Please remember that Law Enforcement is not the enemy here. It is the law MAKERS that need to be called out.
    DT

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Are these guys freaking nuts?? I am going to email everyone of them and ask them that question.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please remember that Law Enforcement is not the enemy here. It is the law MAKERS that need to be called out.
    DT

It is the law MAKERS that need to be called out.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Question: (I’ll submit to Mpls Park Board and reply later.)
    If I launch at 6am on Calhoun, How will I get off at 2-3pm since the access will be chained off from 10am-5pm?

Will I have to sit out there until 5pm to load up and go home?

Will we not be able to launch on Sundays?
    How about all the Sail boat races?

I guess no more Milk Carton Boat Races?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.