Dog food

• ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

I have a 10 month old weimaraner thats on purina pro plan and im not happy with her food and i think she doesnt like it anymore. I recently took her off of puppy food and she lost energy and started to shed way more than normal. My buddies feed there short hairs dimond dog food but with all of the recents recalls on dimond and im thinking not. Did some research and found nutri source. I see there local and have good reviews on the food so im wandering if anyone feeds there dogs nutri source and if your dog is liking it?

hawkeye27

Native dog food. I english pointer and it is nearly impossible keeping weight on them. Started feeding native 5yrs. ago and love it. I feed Native 4 during the hunting season and then switch back to Native 3 on the off months. Native 4 has more protein and fat in it to help keep energy (Fat) on the dogs

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Avoid any food made in china, almost all recalls are food from china!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

California Natural, our lab had some allergies and this food has been very good for him.

kris_brantner
    My river

I feed my dog diamond extreme athelete. Im very happy with it. My dog is 10 now and still has energy like he was 2

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

we feed them Iams here.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

NutriSource Performance year round.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

We have fed our short hairs Bil Jac and tinker is 15 this year. Have been buying senior and regular for the first few years.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I would check out almost any grain-free dog food. They are almost always high quality and so much better for your dog than feeding them almost all flour like is found in most dog foods.

I buy Fromm dog food and have no complaints. Somewhat expensive but worth it for someone who doesn’t get to choose what she eats.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Quote:

I would check out almost any grain-free dog food. They are almost always high quality and so much better for your dog than feeding them almost all flour like is found in most dog foods.

I buy Fromm dog food and have no complaints. Somewhat expensive but worth it for someone who doesn’t get to choose what she eats.

I swithced from loyal to fromm for that same reason. Loyal used to be a good quality but with most dog foods they start out with a good product then change there formula for more profit. My opinion any way.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I have been using nutri source for quite a few years now with no complaints.

md76c
    Eau Claire Wi

We have fed our 12 GSD’s Fromm’s Four Star Salmon ala Veg and Whitefish and Potato for years. Neither has any corn, wheat or soy. Dogs can have a hard time utilizing these without issues. We also suppliment with a Tbls. of yogurt and raw chicken backs. They are all in great shape and ready for the show ring. We also have had no problems with allergies or intestinal issues on this regimine.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I feed Science Diet to our Weim and Vizsla. Both are in ex. shape. Weight stays stable by just adjusting the food amount during the year. Stools are firm and no allergies or stomach problems. Vizsla just turned 9 and Weim will be 6.

blufloyd

River Dawg aka the felon weim eats everything. Purina Lamb and Rice twice a day and it is shedding season…. bath with a bar of dog soap will help.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

I feed my lab Country Vet. She seems to like that over Science Diet and Iams. Maintains weight good, plenty of energy.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

My vet recommended Purina One. My Lab has been eating it for 8 years. No problems. I run and hunt him regularly.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

I have a 10 month old weimaraner thats on purina pro plan and im not happy with her food and i think she doesnt like it anymore. I recently took her off of puppy food and she lost energy and started to shed way more than normal. My buddies feed there short hairs dimond dog food but with all of the recents recalls on dimond and im thinking not. Did some research and found nutri source. I see there local and have good reviews on the food so im wandering if anyone feeds there dogs nutri source and if your dog is liking it?

Currently I only have one dog, an 18 month Gordon Setter. I’ve fed her NutriSource from day one and have been very pleased…great coat and nice stools. I feed regular octane chicken and rice and do not step up to their higher octane (Performance) during bird season. Regular runs at 26/16 or somesuch but with a higher level of digestability and the Performance 30/20 or somesuch was formulated primarily for sled dogs or guys with with dogs on the ground every day. My local feed and seed runs a 1 bag free for every 12 purchased frequent flyer program and regular pricing is $39.XX per bag. The bags run a little smaller at 30# or 33# (am CRSing right now) but proscribed rations per day are less given the higher level of nutrient transfer and it balances out in the end.

They also have a higher end brand that has more holistic (fruits and vegs) materials for those dogs with special needs.

There’s no way that I’d feed Diamond or any of their private labeled stuff.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There are too many choices for me. I refuse to get into that game. Purina One for the old dog and Purina Bountiful for the pointer pup. I have been feeding my golden PDC then Purina One her whole life. She’s 9 and in perfect health/condition and has hunted her whole life. I know the premuim foods are higher quality but I also think the dog food market is somewhat of a racket.

mfreeman451

agreed on the dog food market racket..

Quote:

There are too many choices for me. I refuse to get into that game. Purina One for the old dog and Purina Bountiful for the pointer pup. I have been feeding my golden PDC then Purina One her whole life. She’s 9 and in perfect health/condition and has hunted her whole life. I know the premuim foods are higher quality but I also think the dog food market is somewhat of a racket.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Anyone use Eukenuba? THoughts on Eukenaba?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.