Anyone replace wooden decks?

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

I have a wooden deck that is need of replacement. It is about a foot off the ground, and is about 10′ by 40′. It is in the city of Mound, and I am looking to get estimates for it. If anyone is interested, or knows someone they could recommend, please let me know.

Thanks

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Have you considered ditching the deck and replacing it with a patio?

You’ll never regret it. Especially if a deck isn’t required due to the layout of your house. Decks keep contractors in business because they are the homeowner expense that never ends.

We did a big patio, with a sitting wall and table-top pillars about 3 years ago and it’s fantastic. My only regret is that we should have done the outdoor kitchen at the same time.

Bluhm Brothers in St. Paul did ours. The were excellent, after working with them I’d never use any other landscape contractor.

Grouse

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Composite is a good solution if it fits the current budget.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I build a few if you need any help or questions on stuff, don’t hesitate from asking. I don’t do any minimal code type stuff, so I don’t know how to do a cheap way out. But if you are looking for what makes a structure solid and made to last, I can help

shaley
    Milford IA

I agree with a patio but if you want to keep the deck I would suggest Ironwood over anything else, no dents, fading or rot…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.