Bush’s wetland plan

• shumpy
    Bloomington MN

So………..whats the absolute truth???

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Smoke and mirror game? What was the Clinton administration? Another magic show? 3 ring circus? Kerry is wearing me thin already………… In March of 2000, Wall St. took the first big plunge that ended the glorious 90’s economy. Who was in office then? The commercials out there regarding Bush’s performance are so smoke and mirror I think the pot is calling the kettle black!

George hasn’t been the biggest environmentalist we’ve ever known but given the important issues, what’s Kerry going to do besides criticize? He’s an empty message and I’m hoping the American public realizes this before thinking he’ll be good in the White House.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Quote:

So………..whats the absolute truth???

The absolute truth? In politics? Well the closest I can get is that everything I have heard Kerry say so far is pure slop.

I have yet to see Mr.Kerry’s great plan for success, on anything. But he is very good at instigating doubt. Heck I can do that, elect me.

Kerry commented on the gas prices and that they are at a record high. Another lie. The highest national average for a gallon of gas was in September of 2000 at $1.95. Were getting close, but close isn’t a “record high”.

Personaly the fact that Kerry scores a 92 with the national bunny huggers association concerns me. There should be a far better balance. You must understand that of those times he voted for “environmental issues” he has in some cases been voting against our rights to hunt and fish. Likely he has even been contemplating ways to remove our right to bear arms.

Never will I knowing elect into office any person that has the intent to remove that freedom and right. The right to bear arms, above all else, is most important to me.

I know this has gotten off the subject some, and I apologize. But I think political discussion this time of year does us some good. If it interests us at all we will hopefully get involved and elect the person that is best for America, not politics. For interesting reading check out the following link…Kerry

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Although, I agree wholeheartedly with Stillakid and Riverrat, I believe political posts on a board like this are not a good idea. Experience with other boards would seem to indicate they have a way of getting nasty and polarizing heretofore friends.

Geronimo

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m kinda split right down the middle there with you EyeJacker. On one hand, I too have seen things get nasty but for the most part, this site has been very good at truly discussing sensitive topics. I can only think of one person who really got out of hand and was warned about the use of this site and eventually blocked for not following tolerable conduct. I kinda rely on the good people here for this. No where else can I voice an opinion and receive truly objective opposition and support of my view.

One the other hand, there are times when things get taken personally and that’s hard on “community”. I don’t enjoy conflict. There’s no joy in it at all. However, I do enjoy passionate, persuasive writing. So far throughout my life, I’ve been able to come to the point of “agreeing to disagree” and I think the issues in politics that become personally scarring are usually issues that honestly shouldn’t be political. Would anyone disagree that our government is regulating things it shouldn’t be? I think everyone has a sore spot with our government in some respect or topic.

We do need to talk about our country and those running for office. If we the people, don’t put an effort into the governing body of “for the people, by the people”, we’ve just waved a white flag on freedom’s fight. I do tire of feeling that it’s a never ending struggle, but a soldier in the heat of battle doesn’t know if he’s winning or losing, he’s just fighting the fight…………… and we must do the same.

I’m not implying that we should have a political forum, but the ability to express a view or opinion shouldn’t be silenced. It’s just a point of view. If someone decides to dislike me for supporting our President, I’m not going to dislike them back. It’s petty. It has nothing to do with the ability to have a good day fishing together or helping each other through life’s trials or challenges.

I know that not everybody here cares for me or my opinions, but it matters not in the really important things of life. There’s nobody here that I wouldn’t lend a hand to in time of need or reach out to try and comfort or console. Life isn’t about me getting my way, it’s just getting through it the best I can.

If we can speak of our country in this light, I would very much welcome it. But if it turns ugly and petty, I too would just as soon see it left alone.

EyeJacker, have you been chasing any of that crappie bite that’s been coming on the Croix in recent days? If you’re interested, we can team up sometime soon or I can pm you a good spot. Let me know!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Well said, Stillakid, in your usual inimitible style. I believe politics can be volitile and need to be discussed, however, I am not convinced this is the proper forum. I just put my boat in order and would be interested in the crappie bite. I am leaving for the Great North Woods for the season on May 1, however, I may be able to work something out for next week. Let me know what times you have available and we will see what coincides.
    Geronimo

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I do not believe there are any two humans who have the exact same beliefs regarding politics or religion. This is because we all have different experiences in life, live in different environments, and think/reason differently. Also, what is important to us can significantly change as we progress through life.

I would prefer that we do not try to convince others to follow our own personal political or religious beliefs on a fishing forum. Although I would not mind if there were a separate section for those fishermen who wanted to discuss politics or religion.

Dave Gulczinski

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I also try to respect everyone’s views. The Bush administration has so weakened the EPA with the “Clear Skies” BS that Wisconsin can look forward to even heavier Mercury polution than before. This issue is 10 time more important than his empty wetlands crap. Kerry is a hunter. It is also political suicide to take away 2nd amendment rights. Bush is spending my retirement right now like he has the right and he is not very forthcoming and truthful about anything.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.