Pretty girl…

• stevew
    Burnsville, MN

So, I was doing a little urban fishing. This pretty girl hissed at me as I walked past (pretty girls often hiss at me…). She was laying eggs. I hope she finished her business and got back to where she needed to be before somebody put her in a pot. She was very big and very pretty!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I saw a few of those this weekend that were squished on the highway. Sad deal!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its pretty crazy how turtles lay eggs during the day. Maybe they lay them at night as well, but you’d think being so exposed they’d prefer night.

Then again, mom has little to fear with her shell (talking all turtles), but freshly laid or being laid eggs might be easy to detect by nocturnal animal like racoons and skunks.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Gotta love a girl with a big bottom.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’m thinkin there not ready for the pot right yet. i believe july 1!!!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I think I counted 5 squished on the way home from the lake yesterday afternoon!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

man that just chapps my fanny!!! unless your going to create danger on the roads, theres no reason to run them over!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

man that just chapps my fanny!!! unless your going to create danger on the roads, theres no reason to run them over!

I hope people aren’t purposely hitting them. I sure wouldn’t want to hit one.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i,ve seen people purposely swerve to hit them as well as pheasants, ducks and geese. not since TIP ,though.

and i looked yesterdat you cannot possess a snappin turtle in the months of may and june.

them shells do make some nice clocks!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I always try and remove them from danger whether they be painted turtles or snappers. It is amazing how strong those things are when they dig their claws into the asphalt.

I can’t believe people purposely hit them either, but you know, a turtle darting across the road is not exactly the same as a deer or a squirrel.

I’ve also saved a moderate size snapper that was obviously run over. Aside from scratches, it was no worse for wear.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

She’s prettier than most of the girls out here in Montana…

big_g
    Isle, MN

In my yard this AM… right next to the creek

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.