RUSTY

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

ANY COMMENT ON RUSTY WALLACE FINALLY GETTING BACK IN VICTORY LANE? KINDA REFRESHING TO SEE AND OLD MAN WHO CAN STILL DO IT. I AM NOT A RUSTY FAN BUT WAS GLAD HE WON. NOW IF WE COULD GET TRICKLE IN THERE ONE MORE TIME!! KINDA SHOWS THESE NASCAR SNOBS THAT THESE OLD DRIVERS CAN STILL HAUL THE GOODS.

GUNDY

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I was happy for him too. Gets the media off his back for a spell! I’m a career long 24 fan so the concrete chunk dropped my enthusiasm for the rest of the race but if he had to hand off the win to anyone else, I’m okay with it being Rusty. I still like Terry Labonte, Ricky Rudd, and Mark Martin for the “old school” guys. Anytime they pick up a win I’m happy for ’em.

I think Bill Elliiot should’ve stayed on one more year. Kahne’s aggressive but I think Bill would’ve put the stomp on it and won a couple of those races Kasey took second in. We’ll never know but whenever Bill smelled the front, he always seemed to find a way to take it.

What’s Tony’s problem? Guy’s got issues…………

Here’s to Rusty having a good week! I hope he enjoys it!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Yeah, it was interesting to see him do well. I am not the biggest Rusty fan, but it is nice to see him win. That might just be because of the Miller Lite sponsership though.

herb
    6ft under

Yeah, for some reason my Miller Lite tastes better than normal.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

I WILL SECOND THE MILLER TASTING BETTER!! I AM A BIG KENSETH FAN. HE BROUGHT MY INTEREST BACK TO RACING. LOST A LOT OF INTREST WHEN WE LOST ALAN KULWICKI. HE WILL ALWAYS BE # 1 ON MY RACE TRACK.

GUNDY

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I miss Alan K. too but more so I hated to lose Davey Allison. I hate losing any competitor but Davey was the first driver that ever made me want to cheer for just one guy. Now that the Texaco 28 car has been removed from competition, it’s like the legacy is really gone now. Maybe it’s good to put some closure on it, but personally, I liked being reminded that was “Davey’s car”. I think it’d be a huge compliment to Dale Sr. if a black #3 still roamed the track. He’d never be forgotten. But on the other hand, I understand why it’s not like that and I’m okay with that too.

Alan………… had a great smile, didn’t he?…………. He always looked so genuinely full of life whenever the grin was on. I hope he’s always remembered well………….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.