can i rent your navionics Canada chip??

• phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

i’m heading up to smoothrock lake for a week in july. I have never fished canada before, and don’t know the next time i will be going there again.

Therefore, i really don’t want to spend the money on a chip for just one trip.

Does anyone have a navionics for canada with smoothrock on it, for an HDS unit, that they would be willing to loan out?

I would be willing to flip you a few bucks, case of beer, whatever.

I can also provide references….but I don’t know if giving out BK as a reference would be good or bad for me…

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

you might get lucky and BK would say BAD things about you…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i bought one for my trip coming up.. i had enough Cabelas points accumulated to get it. i’ll drop you a note when I get back. i just bought it and not sure the body of water you are going to is on it..

who do you have on your fantasy football team? oh wait, we don’t carry over players. case a beer is good. can always use that.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

i bought one for my trip coming up.. i had enough Cabelas points accumulated to get it. i’ll drop you a note when I get back. i just bought it and not sure the body of water you are going to is on it..

who do you have on your fantasy football team? oh wait, we don’t carry over players. case a beer is good. can always use that.

Thanks!

i looked on navionics website, and their newest chip has Smoothrock Lake listed on it.

i would hope the older ones do too, but if you just bought it, it should be good.

sandmannd

You can also get the Navionics Smart Phone app for under $20. Don’t need a phone signal to use it, just GPS on the phone.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

But make sure you cache the lake prior to going there, i.e. look it up with a data connection so it downloads.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

someone else mentioned that to me.. is there something i need to do to my HDS Gen 1 unit to make that Can. chip work?
    no plug and play?

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

someone else mentioned that to me.. is there something i need to do to my HDS Gen 1 unit to make that Can. chip work?
    no plug and play?

pretty sure he is talking about the phone app.

I have the US app on my phone, but would rather have it on my HDS in the boat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.