Do you know a good divorce attorney?

• foxman79
    Anoka, MN

Last night the wife told me she is leaving and for some reason I think she is serious this time. I am looking for a good attorney that will really fight for my custody rights. If you know of a lawyer that is good enough to win a custody battle for a father let me know either by reply or by pm. Thanks.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

There is no such thing as a good attorney, those 2 words should never be used at the same time. But there is alot of thruth to the idea of those with the best attorneys win! Sorry to hear your going through a rough time, hang in there!

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Sorry to hear that. Im afraid to get married just for that reason. Hang in there

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Sorry to hear you‘re going through that.
    Mine was 21 years ago.

My advice, Interview 2-3 Attorney’s, the hint will come from them as to whom you should hire when one asks who your wife’s attorney is; when the say “At least it is not “John Doe”, then go interview and hire that attorney.

My 1st Attorney I hired out of desperation when I was blind sided and served papers at work. After 2-weeks and multiple phone calls with her assistant to answer some simple questions, I called the guy she mentioned as “Who is your wife’s attorney?” Basically she told me should would not take a case if she had to go against this attorney, so I went and hired him.

I had Warren Wood, New Richmond, WI. He was not cheap then, but he was good. They are in business to make money and a good one will tell you, “Don’t call me and ask about the Weather, when you call and I answer I begin charging you by the 10th’s of an hour (6-minute increments) with a 2/10th’s minimum.”

Good Luck (if there can be any in a Divorce).

Please DON”T whatever you do, let get the best of you, that you will regret.

The one piece of advice I will give you, “Do what ever you have to for your kids, put them FIRST starting right now. Not saying you don’t already, but to get your best deal, you’ll need to do whatever you have to do, to spend as much time as possible with them. If, once you separate &/or are divorced, if spouse/x-spouse calls and asks you to take the kids for any extra time (her weekend, etc.), just change your schedule to do it. Put all your feelings good/bad towards her aside and do it for the kids.

You may have to cancel FISHING TRIPS/PLANS, but you’ll be rewarded later. The rewards of being the very best dad/father you can possibly be will come when the kids are grown.

Mine are now 30 & 31, with 2-grandchildren. My X has only seen my Grandson twice in his 1st 6-months due to my X’s own behavior. Pretty sad case when these 2-wonderful kids are 15 months and 5-years old now and don’t know her. My X has never seen my Granddaughter.

The REWARD is that my new wife and I regularly see them and have them for overnight visits, my wife (the STEP-MOTHER) got the invite to spend Mothers Day at the ZOO with my daughter and the grandkids. (I spent the day with my mom).

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

the last poster was on the button. the system is slotted against men, so be prepared. whatever it costs you to get the crumbs that the legal system will parse out to you is well worth it.my ex has kept her behavior up and i’m taking notes. in the end you will succeed. persevere.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

From a guy who has been there before as well. I can’t say it any better than Carroll58. That was an outstanding post.

blackbay

Word of warning since I see you are listed from Anoka. Anoka County is notoriously difficult on fathers. Spend the time and money on a good lawyer. Spending more now will probably save you even more in the future. Good luck!

foxman79
    Anoka, MN

thanks to all for the advice. I appreciate the support. If any others have still have recommendations, keep them coming.

thanks!

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

No bad e-mails or texts , document every dime spent on the kids and time spent with you . This is will be very important in court later . Stay calm stay calm stay calm you and the kids will get through this . Best of luck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.