Lifetime License MN..?

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a lifetime License from the state of MN? Just curious because I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago and the opener is coming up quick. I will be giving them a call on Monday just to find out what I should do if they are not here in time.

US-Johnson
    Austi Mn

PROCESSING TIME: Allow three (3) weeks for processing of Lifetime License applications.

timmy

Did you make a copy of the paperwork and check before sending it in? I was told when I bought mine to copy everything and that would suffice as proof until the actual certificate was sent back…… but then again, that was 8-9 yrs ago now……

T

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Yep, took me about 3 weeks and that was a year ago. One of the best gifts my sons ever gave me….

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Quote:

Yep, took me about 3 weeks and that was a year ago. One of the best gifts my sons ever gave me….

Yes I did. Figured to take longer than I allowed for and that the app with the copy of the check should work.

Thanks!

fireline
    Rochester

What does a lifetime license cost ?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Age 3 or under $227
    Age 4 to 15 $300
    Age 16 to 50 $383
    Age 51 and over $203

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

MN also sells them to non-residents, which is great. slightly more expensive, but still pay for themselves quickly if you’re there every year like us. i’ll be buying one for my infant son this year for sure.
    i wish WI did the same thing.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

MN also sells them to non-residents, which is great. slightly more expensive, but still pay for themselves quickly if you’re there every year like us. i’ll be buying one for my infant son this year for sure.
    i wish WI did the same thing.

Please give this Iowa boy more information on this and guide me to where I can get one please.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Quote:

Please give this Iowa boy more information on this and guide me to where I can get one please.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lifetime/nonresidents/index.html

depending on your age and how many years of fishing you’ve got left in you, it can be a good deal even for a non-resident. buying it at less than 3 years old definitely optimizes the value.

okay, so maybe they don’t pay for themselves “quickly” as adults need about 20 years to break even and seniors need about 15 years to break even.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Thanks! Wish I knew of this years ago!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Thanks! Wish I knew of this years ago!

Major draw back that I see in it is you still have to wait in line like everyone else to get your license for the year. To me if they could put it on your drivers license so you dont have to get it every year that would be the ticket.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ve never been in a line to purchase mine at the resorts or Reeds when I go.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Just got home from being out of town for the last few days and the New Lifetime License was in the mail box. It comes with a copper looking medallion, Lifetime License Certificate, Plastic Lifetime License Card and a letter from the commissioner of the DNR.

Happy it is here before the opener but why WASTE the money on all the garb when all I need is the Plastic License Card?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

seniors need about 15 years to break even.

lol….I don’t even buy green bananas anymore.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I should buy one for my infant son, but I don’t want to jinx him. With my luck, I will buy one and he will not like fishing

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.