I wish I could fish…..

• fishingdad

Really some cool video thanks for sharing it.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Don’t we wish. Cool video.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Awesome.

Mrs. Grouse got to hold an osprey at the Game Fair some years back. It was one of those birds of prey rehab outfits that had a display there.

She said despite the fact that the bird is freaking huge, it was almost unbelievably light. She expected it to weigh in pounds, but really it’s just ounces. Amazing what they can lift, most of those fish must easily outweigh the bird.

She also said that the grip of the talons through the gauntlet glove still felt like her forearm was in a giant pair of vise grips. The bird appeared to be making no effort to stay upright on her arm, but his grip was just crushing even while just sitting there calmly eating a rabbit snack. She just couldn’t believe how strong that bird was given the weight.

Awesome birds.

Grouse

JasonP
    Twin Cities

thanks for sharing.

jp

Denny O
    Central IOWA

That’s the way it’s done!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Thanks for sharing Chris.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ya cool video Chris, I thought the one where it shook off the water from its feathers in flight was pretty cool and I didn’t know thier diving birds too, way cool.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Hi Chris,
    If you could fish this way, I know you’d figure out how to be able to still have Selective Harvest,
    or easier yet,
    know which ones are the eaters and NOT bother the
    Slot fish.
    Jack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.