Howling with wolves

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well I would hope that they did something other than shoot, shovel and bury them. If that’s what someone is going to do, then they should just not get a tag and let someone who will utilize the dead wolf. I don’t even care if a person wants to shoot one just for the mount.

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

I for one will try to get a tag but realistically probably won’t see a wolf let alone get to shoot one. I grew up south of grand rapids and spend a lot of time in the woods and the only two I have ever seen were while coming back from the rainy and while working on the great river road near Jacobson. Anyone that believes they can get a tag and go get a wolf is dreaming, selling thousands of tags and setting the quota at 500 is a great way to create revenue playing off of peoples high expectations. I think they should sell 10000 tags and the quota will still not be met. While I dislike them, they are quite the animal

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah, you do make a good point. I fully expect maybe a good first day where maybe several hundred are killed around the state. After that, its going to be tough.

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

There are areas farther north with higher concentrations but I don’t think it will take a couple being shot to wise them up. They are wary enough to avoid hunters now so once they see danger from us they will be even more elusive. I think trappers will take 80% of the total

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

if your going to eat the wolf then i have no problem with that. i believe that about almost any animal though. the exception of coarse being rats and mice. perhaps a double standard on my part but your not out hunting those, theyre invading your home.

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Makes decent jerky

big_g
    Isle, MN

Weren’t the rats and mice here first … and you pushed them out when you came from England ??? Havin’ some fun

50% of wolf pups die of starvation…

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

If a racoon, possum, muskrat, wood chuck, or skunk builds a home under my deck, it gets shot or trapped and thrown away. If I see one while I’m in the Boundary Waters, I’ll probably stop and admire it for awhile before moving on and not dursturbing it. The point is if they are doing harm or are over-populated in an area I am fine with killing some, but the last thing I want to see is all of them disappear. I think most people feel the same way except the Wolf Howling crew.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have a feeling 50% will die no matter what the circumstance. I am guessing that is pretty natural. But I don’t know why howling for wolves would bring that up, since if anything, it goes against their point.

big_g
    Isle, MN

trying to fill 30 seconds with something…. truth won’t work so they throw in useless stats…??

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

50% of wolf pups die of something other than starvation.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Old age? Getting mortally wounded by the alpha male trying to get it on with the alpha female? Hoof kick to the noggin?

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Old age? Getting mortally wounded by the alpha male trying to get it on with the alpha female? Hoof kick to the noggin?

Parasites of the gut.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Name me before I starve.

stuart
    Mn.

Onyx and Ruby

big_g
    Isle, MN

1 will live… 50% of wolf pups starve….

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

1 will live… 50% of wolf pups starve….

Lucky?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Name me before I starve.

The one on the left is rug, the other is fertilizer.

big_g
    Isle, MN

look how they destroyed that birch tree…. animals

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Calf and Fawn

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Cute and fluffy

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Name me before I starve.

The one on the left is rug, the other is fertilizer.

Viewing 23 posts - 61 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.