Presque Isle wisconsin fishing

• josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

I am heading to northern Wisconsin later this year and would like to find a nice smallmouth lake to have some fun. anyone have any suggestions I will be in the Presque Isle area

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Josh:

Start right there on PI!!! After that I guess it depends on how far you want to travel…

When are you going to be up here???

Mark

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Here’s a primer for your PI trip. There are a LOT of lakes that have a continuing improvement on smallies in that region. All the pics are fish caught within 20 minutes of PI. I’m up there for 1 to 2 weeks every year and catch countless smallies. If your up in the mid summer, don’t hesitate from fishing deep. Two of my favorite clear water lakes up there avg 25 to 30 fow for a smally bite in July.

Mr. Benson is a great resource in that area and we’ve stuck a few fish together one night last year… Shoot me a pm on what lakes your going to be on and I’ll see what I know about them.

josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

I am not exactly what lake I will be on as I have never been there before. we are going with family to their cabin and the lake it is on is very small with a motor hp limit so I cant say what lake it is as no one knows the name of it. so I guess anything in that area would be good. we are going to be up there starting august 3rd. Thanks

bigpike

Quote:

Josh:

Start right there on PI!!! After that I guess it depends on how far you want to travel…

When are you going to be up here???

Mark

Fished PI once a few years ago and we caught some very nice smally’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.