Photogenic Dragonfly

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Hoping to repeat the catch of this pike. Or maybe this LM Bass… I struck out on Pool 7 for an afternoon adventure.

It’s funny, the phrase “struck out.” One of those wonderful phrases with a double meaning. Unfortunately for us our trip embraced the not-so-positive nature of the phrase. The fishing was quite poor for us. If it wouldn’t have been for a snagged Sheepshead, I’d be carrying a skunk around with me. Every spot we tried, we struck out trying to boat a Bluegill, Bass or Pike. It didn’t matter what we tried, the fish were just NOT going to cooperate.

About halfway through our trip I found a Dragonfly trying to escape a watery grave. I got this beauty to cling to the tip of my rod and for a bit it just hung out, drying it’s wings and wiping water from it’s head. With the fishing being what it was, I broke out the camera and snapped a series of pics before it found itself able to fly off. These are neat little insects.

Sharon
    SE Metro

WOW! I love taking pictures of various insects. Fabulous pictures!

jstiras76

Those are great pictures. You have a fancy camera to take those?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hate to break it to you. A snagged fish is not a legal catch, thus you were skunked.

And dragonflys are beautiful insects, unless you happen to be another insect.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What a Debbie Downer.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Keeping it realz. Ok, here’s a picture of a loving couple I saw once.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh wait…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

What a Debbie Downer.

No worries Brian, our boat….our rules. After viewing pug’s posts, it’s no wonder his contributions here are the leading cause of dysentery.

The camera I used for those shots is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V. Not an overly fancy camera by any means, but it does a fantastic job at taking very good up close pictures.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Very nice shot!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

KICK BUTT SHOT BUDDY !!!

Crazy looking spike coming out of his head …. FM antenna ?

kwmagic
    Rochester, MN

wow! awesome photos!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.