shipping a rod?

• iowaeye

shipping a rod back to st.croix for an upgrade. i’ve never done this before and wonder what the best/cheapest method is to ensure my rod is sent to them in one piece and stays that way.

red89
    Hudson

Heavy duty cardboard rod tubes are what tacklewarehouse ships their rods in and they wrap the tips with bubble wrap and put a little plastic sleeve over it, and thats about it. Can’t help on the shipping, but st.croix website shows you can print off a fedex shipping label from them.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Go to St Croixs site where you will find $10 shipping information under the service and warranty tab. Or just click here.

Like mentioned, you’ll need a good solid tube to protect the rod.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got a couple of their tubes saved up for just that occasion

iowaeye

ya i got the discount shipping label. where would i go about getting a tube? i checked menards/lowes and they don’t have them. i’m guessing the post office will make you pay a lot for one.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I’ve sent a couple in to them and it has been cheaper to use the post office. That is if you don’t have to drive very far to drop it off.

Check with a tackle shop in your area for a tube.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’d gladly give you one, but my guess is that Minneapolis isn’t too close for you.

BassEye
    rochester,mn

PVC Pipe, just big enough for your rod. wrap you rod with news paper for snug fit and tape both end of the pipe close.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

When shipping rods, I generally go to Home Depot or Menards and get PVC tubes and get the cheap little plastic ends. One other thing I’ve done is stop in at carpet store to see if they’ve got any of the cardboard tubes from the middle of the carpet rolls. Those are nice and heavy.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Good Info!
    Do NOT use the triangular post office boxes!!!! I ‘ve had two rods get broken in them…they are NOT durable enough!
    A heavy cardboard rectangular box will work as well…make sure the rod is taped in securely to the box so it cant shift up and down…and endanger the fragile tip section!

iowaeye

Oh dug i can get carpet tubes. Do you insulate them with anything or what do you wrap the rod in? I can’t imagine the rod banging around can be good.i

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.