What kind of cigar do you guys like while in the outdoors ?

• wing_nutt3

I thought this was a interesting Q since I know a lot of us like a good cigar while in the boat or blind. I really enjoy the R.D. Gomez cigars ( the pheasant ones) I also enjoy the new acid blondies. A cigar is good every once in awhile if I say so myself .
    Tim

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

I completely agree on the Acid Blondies, but my personal favorites are Helix, maduros preferrably.

S

newt
    Pillager, MN

Any Macanudo I can get my hands on!!

jwellsy

I like the vanilla ones called “Heaven”.
    They are absolutly the least stinky smell.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I like any of the “name” brands, punch, arturo fuente, macanudo, etc. But what I really like is to find a good cigar for around a buck each. You can do it by visiting tobacco shops, and looking for the seconds, or for an off brand. When I was in Florida last winter, my Father In-Law put us on some really good cigars that we got in Key West. I grabbed a brochure, and have since lost it. Check out http://www.jrcigars.com they have a great selection and the best prices around.

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Victor Sinclair’s are a little spendy but a very nice treat.

davec
    St. Paul MN.

The Arango Sportsman the name says it all.

thanisch

I vote for Macanudo. I like the Macanudo Portofino.

wing_nutt3

A macanudo cigar is a great smoke

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Cohiba. If you can get them, get one. Best cigar in the world.

wing_nutt3

Good call Derek, I forget about that since I don’t smoke em much

tim

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

ok you guys can smoke your cigars, I will stick with a pinch of either kodiak, or copenhagen. or if i wanna get really radical. a cheek full of redman or levi garret.

shane

newt
    Pillager, MN

Shane….why did you have to mention copenhagen I just quit a week ago after 23 years of the stuff (or should I say snuff). It’s going to be tough fishing this year without a dip in. I guess I’ll just have to buy a few more cigars!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I hear you on that. I am in the middle of quiting myself. I found that sunflower seeds are helping some. but not quite taking the edge off. how did you end up quiting?? I am thinking that I should just toss the can into the garbage and just stop.

shane

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’ve been telling myself i’ve been quiting for a long time. I’ve gotten good at not buying it, but when all my friends chew, it’s so easy to bum a pinch. I’ve cut back quite a bit, so i’m hoping to eventually phase it out. Especially when i’m a 3 finger pinch.

It is hard to beat a nice fat skoal though while Bassin’ You’ll Notice in most of the Pics I post, I’ve got a good ole’ Fatty in.

newt
    Pillager, MN

I was the same, stuff a big pinch in!! I just quit, that’s it. I started looking for this ‘mint’ snuff at the different gas stations in town but couldn’t find any. I had a few cigars at turkey camp and have been chewing alot of gum lately. It’s really gonna $uck this summer when I’m out in the boat!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

yeah,

I hear you there, but after looking at the pocket book for each tin, that is a new fishing lure every couple of days. that stuff is getting exspensive.

shane

newt
    Pillager, MN

When I started you could buy a tin for around $0.85!! I always said that if it ever reached a buck I’d quit. So much for that idea.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Wow! 85 cents. It was 2.50 when I started, but the better half is leaning on me exceedingly hard, looks like I get to quit whether I like it or not.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

but the better half is leaning on me exceedingly hard, looks like I get to quit whether I like it or not.

Women, can’t live with ’em……………………………………………………………pass the beer nuts!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I like the Bill Clinton special. Indoors or out.

bassguy
    MANKATO

I’LL ADMIT IT, I SMOKE THE CHEAP ONES. A WHITE OWL MINATURE TASTES PRETTY GOOD DURING A GROUSE HUNT, AND I’VE LEARNED TO DRAG FROM THE LEFT SIDE WHEN APPROACHING YOUNG ASPEN STANDS.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

yeah,

I started when i was stealing beach nut and redman from the uncle. we would buy the beef jerky tins and then eat that really fast and then fill them with the leaf and sometimes we would even sneak out some kodiak, and that was 17 years ago. wow, how fast has flew by!!! I say that we all quit together and spend the money on much needed fishing lures.

thanks

shane

Jira

I’m partial to La Unica’s from the Dominican. Mild, smooth, with a hint of sweetness. “Country Smooth” like a swisher on steriods.

alans
    Waterford, WI

As im sitting here reading these posts, enjoying a nice fat dip of KODIAK. I can’t help but wonder….when is my face going to fall off!!!!!!

-AL (13 year kodiak veteran)

newt
    Pillager, MN

It doesn’t seem fair does it Al. Why are so many enjoyable things so bad for you?? I guess I’ll just have to put a minnow in my bottom lip while fishing this summer. Or maybe some worm dirt.

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

hey guys,

13 year dipper here and last year I quit. Our dentist had a little video camera and showed me a the inside if my mouth. The place where my dip sat was a dingy gray, nasty color. Scared the #$%^ out of me. So I threw a brand new can of Skole in the trash, bought the patch, and that was it.

The first couple of weeks were rough……but then the cravings start to subside. It takes about 8 weeks to go through the program on the patch.

If you are looking for a way to quit I would suggest the patch. Set a date to quit then give it a shot.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well Al,

I am thinking that I am going to quit here soon anyway. I am going to try to see if I can make it without a dip at all in the Tourney on tonka this saterday. I am thinking that I may need to get me a pouch of Redman for the serious times of fishing.

shane

alans
    Waterford, WI

I think im gonna try to quit myself. Good luck to all that are successful quitters. I use to have a moto when people would ask me if I quit chewing, and I would always reply, “I quit, quitting”. but I really think I want to quit now.

-AL

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

My wife and I have been off the smokes for over 13 years and couldn’t be happier

It wasn’t an easy thing to do with both of us quiting at the same time but well worth the battle won

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.