Sioux vs Gophers……………………….again!

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Sioux squeaked by the Huskies so their reward is facing the Gophers. Be a great game and we can only hope the Gophers pound them. 4-1 sounds about right, although Patterson could pitch a shut-out.

Either way both teams will advance to the NCAA West play-offs next week.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

There were fist fights in the stands last night between these two fan groups and they weren’t even playing each other. I hope they can keep it civil tonight.

deertracker

What times the game? Too lazy to look it up.
    DT

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Either way both teams will advance to the NCAA West play-offs next week.

UND is locked in for at least an at-large bid, but are you sure they are locked into the West? The Gophers are locked into the West because they are the host school.

Sully

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

What times the game? Too lazy to look it up.
    DT

7:05 tonight. This game will be a dandy.

Anyone up for a UMD vs Gopher final?

– Count me in!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

UND is going to have to play alot better then they did last night or it could get ugly. It will surely be an intense game.

deertracker

That would be a great final. I cancelled my satelite, but will luckily be at my moms in the cities so will be able to watch it. Old World Pizza from Inver Grove Heights and hockey, its going to be a great night.
    DT

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I cancelled my satelite, but will luckily be at my moms in the cities so will be able to watch it.

If you get real desperate, FSN has free streaming of the games via the Director’s Cut. It’s kind of a choppy way to watch the game, but it’s free and it’s live.

deertracker

Thanks for the heads up. I missed a lOT of hockey this year by cancelling it and trying to save a few bucks. Luckily I play in 3 leagues myself so I made up for it.
    DT

Mocha
    Park Rapids

GO UND SIOUX!

deertracker

Quote:

GO UND SIOUX!

Lock this thread up. People are starting to get out of control! Go Gophs.
    DT

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

Let’s Go Sioux!!!

However, Minnesota has too much depth for ND with all of their injuries (playing with 17). 5-2 Gophs.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

There were fist fights in the stands last night between these two fan groups and they weren’t even playing each other. I hope they can keep it civil tonight.

I saw that fight as well. The Sioux guy ended up with his jersey over his head. They were sitting about 15 rows below us. Tonight will be fun. We have tickets to all of the games and in the group we have a mix of Gopher, UMD, and Sioux fans. Go Gophers!

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Go Gophs!!!
    I’ll be there again today, we had a great time yesterday. With the nice weather we tailgated between the games….brats and brews!!!
    Same game plan for today.

The fight was a couple sections over from us so I couldn’t see much. Heavy ND crowd yesterday…the MN fans better come out of the woodwork for tonight or it will be like a Sioux home game.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I saw that fight as well. The Sioux guy ended up with his jersey over his head.

That is why it’s a good idea for fans to use the fighting strap on your jerseys. j/k

If I ever feel like I have to do that, I will stop going to games.

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

Quote:

If I ever feel like I have to do that, I will stop going to games.

Agree 100%. It’s a game . . . unfortunately, bad apples in every fan base who can’t handle the situation.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Go Gophs!!!
    I’ll be there again today, we had a great time yesterday. With the nice weather we tailgated between the games….brats and brews!!!
    Same game plan for today.

The fight was a couple sections over from us so I couldn’t see much. Heavy ND crowd yesterday…the MN fans better come out of the woodwork for tonight or it will be like a Sioux home game.

Buckshot, where were you guys tailgating? We were in the parking lot right across the road from the front side of Xcel. We’ll be huddled around a white Mercury Sable today.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Buckshot, where were you guys tailgating? We were in the parking lot right across the road from the front side of Xcel. We’ll be huddled around a white Mercury Sable today.

I don’t mean to speak for BuckShot, but the Gopher fans are tailgating in the parking lot near the Ramsey House. Buckshot, are you part of the group?

Sully

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Sully , you better be going for the Gophs tonight for me!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Were you with Josh ? He is the enemy you know…

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Sully , you better be going for the Gophs tonight for me!

I fully support an all maroon and gold final.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Were you with Josh ? He is the enemy you know…

He sat by us last night, but he knows better than to sit near us tonight.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

We were in a lot on the block behind Tom Reids.

I am in Section 116 and I am sure I will be up and about between periods.

I’ll be wearing a gold Gopher jersery and white gopher hockey hat and probably have a beer in my hand….should be easy to find me no one will be wearing that combo.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I might have to watch the game tonight. Might be good for me to watch real hockey for a change.

Sounds like the Wild prospects are doing well.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

why..Why..WHy…WHY!!!!

The hockey Gods are turning me off hockey for good!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Oh baby OH! GO SOUIX!!! Great come back win!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Oh baby OH! GO SOUIX!!! Great come back win!

That was a pretty wild 3rd period, I just about turned it off after the 2nd.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Very disappointing. I watched most of the 1st period, then it was 3-1 and I started watching the chick on Barely Legal strut her stuff. At the commercial it’s 3-2 then it’s 5-3?? then 6-3

How can you not close the deal up 3-0 at home(The X is basically a home game for them.) I don’t get it.

Oh, now I do……….it’s the “curse of the Pug!”

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.