Getting easier for some to get back into Canada!

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i heard about this yesterday from a friend. he isn’t able2 go on a trip with me cuz of his tickets but he said maybe this year we’ll be able2 make it! glad2 see they are loosening the rules.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Funny what money does to people. Those Can’s aren’t so proud now are they?

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

just because u mess up once…doesn’t mean u havn’t learned your lesson. good people make honest mistakes. c’mon canada

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Funny what money does to people. Those Can’s aren’t so proud now are they?

Love it..Canada with the tail between the legs.

With that said. FORGET CANADA GUYS!!! KEEP THE $$$ DOMESTIC!

sidescan

So this means Canadains entering the US now can have a criminal record? People get turned back all the time for a record trying to enter the US. LOL. Law better go both ways don’t you think?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

What about kicking a cop in the junk 10 years ago?? Doesn’t say anything about that… Not me,,wondering for a buddy of mine.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

So this means Canadains entering the US now can have a criminal record? People get turned back all the time for a record trying to enter the US. LOL. Law better go both ways don’t you think?

I didn’t see anything on the US letting anyone in with lesser restrictions. It was Canada that beefed it up after we said we don’t want drunken criminals crossing our borders without a passport. SO big strong Canada said EFF YOU and we won’t let you’re .083ers come fishing here. Like i said earlier, tail between the legs after a few years of decreased tourism revenues. I love it!

sidescan

Has the laws changed for offenders with DUI convictions entering the US, if not don’t you think it should also?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Has the laws changed for offenders with DUI convictions entering the US, if not don’t you think it should also?

I dont know if it has changed.. And maybe it should IF the U.S thinks it should. Not simply because Canada is changing theirs. I’m not saying you’re saying that but that’s my thought on it.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Another joke about this, besides them doing it for money, is that this is proposed for a ONE TIME PASS. After that you would need to pony up $200 and some jump through the hoop paperwork. Its all a $$$ game.

Simple drug dealer tactics (well not that bad). —We will let you in once but if you want to come back then you have to pay.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Oh! Its money for junkers stimulus type program. Yep that will work.

JimmyClark
    Eagle Point Wi. USA

Either way, it should be incentive enough for people to separate their drinking from their driving.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

It’s all about money. Everything was fine before the economy tanked & their resorts were full. Now the canucks have taken it in the pants & they are singing the blues. You reap what you sow; they got what they asked for. Anyone have a spare quarter?????

big_g
    Isle, MN

Actually the law has been in place for decades….after 9/11, it tightened up to the point where some were turned away. I had a DWI in 1998, I went to Canada fishing/hunting (brought muzzy, rifle, shotgun & my maximum case of BEER in everytime) at least 10 times since then.. not once did they turn me away. I believe they let thousands through with the charges, but of course, the only ones you will hear about are those who were turned away…

sidescan

Your probably right Dr.death, it’s a trick I bet, let DUI criminals in, get more money out of them when they get arrested drinking and driving in Canada.Sounds good to me.

bigpike

My take on this is this is Canada’s response to the dollar. The Toony or Loony or whatever they call it has not been this strong against the dollar since the 70’s. Thanks to our goverment spending like a sailor on shore leave after three months at sea vs. the Canadiens who actually have faired through the economic downturn very well and dont have the debt we have there economy is very strong in comparison to ours. 10 years ago I could go to Canada and my dollar would buy me 1.5 times goods and services. Today that ratio is 1 to 1. That all being said I will continue to fish and tour the great state of Canada as often as possible.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.