Window Help

• huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I figure there are enough contractors & home owners on here to get some good advice. This summer I am planning on having new windows installed in my house. I know this is definitely not an improvement that I want to skimp on. With that being said, I am looking for nothing fancy, I want a quality window that is going to last, be functional, easy to clean, etc. I don’t wanna overpay for a bunch of fancy crap that I don’t need. What are my options??

Thanks for any input

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Are you putting in new construction windows or inserts? My house is around 100 years old and I went with inserts. I used renewals and have been very happy with them and they are made locally. Anderson also has a line of inserts that you can purchase from home depot.

buck-slayer

I think Pella is made in Iowa so if you want local? I put in some Kolbe/Kolbe in 18 yrs ago and I’m not impressed with those. Anderson is top of the line and Marvin is right up there with them. Inserts are most likely the cheapest way to go. I need new windows too but will replace the whole window unit when I pull the trigger and most likely will go with Marvin and can’t give you a reason why.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I had Lindsay inserts put in our house last winter. They’re made in Mankato. They seem to be a good window and are fairly affordable. We are happy with them.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

We went with the renewal by Anderson windows 2 years ago now. We couldn’t be happier.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I believe Pella is gone. I know their big plant on I-35 in Iowa is closed.

When I built my house 18 years ago I used Marvin. I’d use transperent poly before I used Marvin again. But, maybe it’s just me.

Anderson Windows in Bayport is who I would and will use.

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

Quote:

I believe Pella is gone. I know their big plant on I-35 in Iowa is closed.

Their plant and headquarters in Pella is still running, they also have others in Carroll, Shenandoah, and Sioux Center, also a few more in other states I beleive.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

We installed some Marvin inserts at my daughter’s 100 year old house and I think they are great. I was amazed at how easy it was to do the job. We figured they saved a lot that way per window. We put in 53 windows. Once you got a room done, it was like you had put it into a plastic bag! What a difference in both summer & winter. I believe they went through Lamperts.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I would not recommend Rusco

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.