She had pipes

• jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

That is sad. She had a lot of songs that I liked and she had a powerful voice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just coming here to post this, what a sad end.

RIP

sandmannd

Very sad, it’s too bad she ever met that looser Bobby Brown. I’m sure she’d still be around if he had never been in her life.

igotone

I can’t believe it – this is truly SAD news

I remember she sang “The Star Spangled Banner” at the Super Bowl once

It was the best one I ever heard – what a great voice and good looking gal

Rest in Peace – Whitney

skeeterbite
    illinois

Bobby Brown = Piece of garbage, Whitney RIP

palolo

Love her voice..so sad RIP Whitney.
    (here’s a Wild turkey shot(s) for you girl!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Come on, you guys going to lay everything on Bobby Brown? She was not a unwilling partner.

palolo

He was an influence but whatever choices she made after was up to her ..that’s life
    Love her music..it’s a Whitney night.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

I still stop and listen when I hear the theme from The Bodyguard. It was her at her absolute finest.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

RIP Whitney… You deserved a better life

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I had a female black lab I named after her. Now they’re both gone R.I.P.

palolo

grew up listening to her ..

sandmannd

Quote:

Define a better life? Multiplatinum artist & multi millionaire. She’s the one who pissed her life away on drugs. I can’t show much sympathy for someone who OD’d on drugs while having a life dreams are made of when there are children starving in the streets and many families facing hard times due to the economy.

What’s sad is when I worked at Children’s Hospitals watching innocent children go through nothing short of hell.

Is it sad her life ended so soon, yes. But I don’t share respect for folks with lifestyles like hers that urine it away on drugs and expect us to feel bad for them.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Rest in Peace – Whitney

Could not agree more best version of the The Star Spangled Banner by far, hands down, bar none. Very sad day RIP Whitney you will be missed.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“The biggest devil is me. I’m either my best friend or my worst enemy,” ~ Whitney Houston

So true for all of us Whitney. You’re voice was moving. I will miss it.

palolo

Quote:

Quote:

Rest in Peace – Whitney

Could not agree more best version of the The Star Spangled Banner by far, hands down, bar none. Very sad day RIP Whitney you will be missed.

<!–VIDEO–><iframe width=”640″ height=”480″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/llFZT6CTXz8?rel=0&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe> <!–VIDEO–>

x2

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

not only a great voice but what a good looking gal too—to bad how things got changed in her life and how it ended this way!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I couldn’t agree more with what sandmannd said.

How about personal accountability? The drugs and alcohol she consumed was her choice. She chose to live that lifestyle and paid the price.

herb
    6ft under

Think I’ll wait till the autopsy results come in.

starvin pilgrim

I, myself worked at Chilldrens doing a remodel near the neonatal icu[sp.]. While what happened to Whiney is sad, It is no wheres near what the innocent victims of just being born go through. I can’t find the right words to describe it,except after about an hour I had to go find a place to hide for a few minutes. People make bad choices, But the little ones that have no choice…..

starvin pilgrim

I also worked at childrens doing a remodel near the NICU. While its sad to hear about W.H., She had choices,The little one get none. I made it about an hour before I had to go hide for a few minutes.And the nurses, there are no words to descibe them.

igotone

Quote:

I agree with U Herb
    pretty easy to throw stones in a glass house

wish everyone in my family never did anything wrong

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

It is terrible she had to pass. The bottom line is her choices in life led to her death. She was not forced to use drugs…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with U Herb
    pretty easy to throw stones in a glass house

wish everyone in my family never did anything wrong

X2

big_g
    Isle, MN

yeah, I am sure most of us here, can relate to being a pop diva & know what her life was like. We all would have handled the fame and fortune much better. I don’t think in dying, she is looking for excuses or sympathy or your approval. I am sure she had enough of that while she was still here.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

Define a better life? Multiplatinum artist & multi millionaire. She’s the one who pissed her life away on drugs. I can’t show much sympathy for someone who OD’d on drugs while having a life dreams are made of when there are children starving in the streets and many families facing hard times due to the economy.

What’s sad is when I worked at Children’s Hospitals watching innocent children go through nothing short of hell.

Is it sad her life ended so soon, yes. But I don’t share respect for folks with lifestyles like hers that urine it away on drugs and expect us to feel bad for them.

Nobody on this Planet deserves to go out that way. RIP Whitney

Addiction does not discriminate.

blufloyd

When the tape machine went belly up at UofI as in Illinois in like ’92 she couldn’t carry a tune. I figure just another Mille Vanilli type. Not a role model type I suspect…..

Your results may vary..

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

She lip sync’d at the Super Bowl as well. She sang it in a studio several days prior. It was still great, but not live.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

She lip sync’d at the Super Bowl as well. She sang it in a studio several days prior. It was still great, but not live.

No matter, still the best rendition I have ever heard.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.