OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I am thinking about buying a OBD2 code reader. The ones I have been looking at are the Equus Innova 3140, 3150 and the 3160. I know that the 3140 will read OBD1 and OBD2 codes but will not read ABS codes. Also the 3150 and 3160 will read OBD2, and ABS codes. Are these units pretty much average tools for the home do it yourselfer? Right now these are the only ones I have been looking at but if anyone has a better option I am all ears.

milemark_714

I got an Actron scanner a few years back.Saved me a few trips to the dealer by erasing”stupid” codes.Most of them never came back.If I was going to get another one,it would be one that reads live data.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have an app on my Android phone called Torque. I got a bluetooth ODBII reader shipped from Ebay for less than $20. I don’t think it does the ABS, but the really cool thing about it is, when I have a code, it finds it and goes out on the web to tell me how to fix it. It will also clear codes etc…

You can also use it live while driving to show custom data like instant MPG, Trip MPG, Coolant temps etc… There’s literally hundreds of possibilities. I have the free app and love it.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

For what its worth , look at this one>>code reader

Jeff have you used Car MD? It sounds too good to be true, 5 year warranty free replacement and up to $500 in repairs if it mis-diagnosis.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

I have an app on my Android phone called Torque.

Thanks for the heads up on this app! The reviews are nothing short of raves. I have an older scanner and this looks like the way to go when I update.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.