rainy lake

• saddletramp

Has anyone stayed at camp idlewood, or island view resort? Thanks

arklite881south

Camp Idlewood is a nice little spot. Other places I’d consider would be Sha-Sha resort and Thunderbird Lodge. All depends on what your looking for. You can feel free to shoot me a PM if you’d prefer.

fishingdad

I stayed at Idlewood several times and it is nice. I just got a letter that said the resort changed hands so I don’t know the new owners. Keith and Jen (old owners) were great and Keith was just remodeling almost all of the cabins the last couple of years. A couple of things that we ran into at Idlewood is if the wind is Strong out of the north it is difficult getting out of the harbor. Also parking is a little tight. There is a state boat launch only a mile or so away and the location makes it easy to run into Int. Falls or just to One stop.

Fishhound

Another great place is Woody’s Resort. It’s right on the lake in Ranier. You can fish the main lake or if you’re adventerous you can run up to the north arm into Canada. We’ve even trailered down to the river to fish. Place is clean and prices are reasonable. Favorite part is you can get a frosted beer in the pub when you’re done fishing.

Woody’s has in room cooking plus it’s close to town if you want to run in and have a nice meal.

Suggest you hire a guide if you have the cash or it’s your first trip up. Woody will mark a map up for you too. He and his wife are good people. Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.