family vacation

• saddletramp

Wanting to go to low with my daughter and family. 2 girls, 5 and 8. All like the boat and fishing. We don’t require much, and I don’t want to go broke doing this. Any resort suggestions?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please contact one of our sponsors of Ido,

Wigwam Resort! 800-448-9260

Adrian’s Resort! 218-634-1985

They will cater to you as little or as much as you like.

bigpike

Quote:

Wanting to go to low with my daughter and family. 2 girls, 5 and 8. All like the boat and fishing. We don’t require much, and I don’t want to go broke doing this. Any resort suggestions?

If you and your family like to camp also might I suggest Rainy Lake and Voyagers National Park. Some of the best family vacations we had was camping out on the islands, kids can fish and swim, dad can fish, dog can roam. Great boating. Lots of history to boat to / old gold mine, Kettle Falls Hotel. Take the money you plan on spending on a cabin and upgrade your camping gear then when your done with your vacation you will still have the gear.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

X 2 On the Rainy Lake suggestion. I love LOW’s, but it’s hard to beat Rainy. Plus when the wind blows, you have a much better chance of still getting to do some fishing.
    Just my $.02

g38
    South metro

I would recommend Red Door Resort, on Mille Lacs. Very nice.

fishinfool
    mn

x2 on Red Door Resort,,and new kitchen to boot.
    FISHINFOOL

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

If you’re looking for lake where wind won’t play as much a part like it can on Mille Lacs or LOTW check out Rutgers on the N end of Lake Bemidji. I stayed there for a tournament a few years back, nice beach, arcade, restaurant, indoor and outdoor pool, small bar on site and the fishing in Bemidji can be pretty good.

There are some nice campgrounds and resorts on Winni and Cutfoot too. Eagles Nest and Williams Narrows are in Cutfoot so you avoid the wind issue again with direct access to Winni if it isn’t blowing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.