Prince Fielder

• suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Prince Fielder to the tigers for 9 years and 214 million. I was hoping somehow the crew could have signed him.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Awesome news for Cubs fans Another heavy hitter gone from the NL Central

bigpike

That was never gonna happen once they signed Ramirez, they only have so much $$$ to go around and are already over budget for the year and the season has not started. On a side note Dan Patrick said on his show yesterday that he has seen information that leads him to believe that Ryan Braun is completely innocent of the steriod / enhancer charges against him and he will be exonerated of all charges

bigpike

Quote:

Great news for Brewer fans in he is not a CUB and he was gone at the word free agent either way. Nothing worse than seeing him in Chicago terrorizing Brewer fans for the next 10 years

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

His future is as a DH anyway…had to go to the Inferior League…

buck-slayer

He may be able to hit but he’s got an arm like a leg.

rmartin
    United States

Isn’t that where his old man played?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

He may be able to hit but he’s got an arm like a leg.

And he is a below average defensive player at best. The crew will miss his bat, but not his glove or arm.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

i think we all had a glimmer of hope but we knew it wasn’t going to happen.His numbers and age got him the big money, now at least we don’t have to play against him but the Twins will have to

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

That was never gonna happen once they signed Ramirez, they only have so much $$$ to go around and are already over budget for the year and the season has not started. On a side note Dan Patrick said on his show yesterday that he has seen information that leads him to believe that Ryan Braun is completely innocent of the steriod / enhancer charges against him and he will be exonerated of all charges

He was never accused of taking roids, he was accused of having a high level of testosterone that was from an synthetic source. I believe it will come out that it was a medication that he was taking.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Quote:

Isn’t that where his old man played?

Yup, his old man played for the Tigers and put up some decent numbers there too if I remember correctly

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Cecil Fielder was a beast on the Tigs, glad his son is coming to the “D”. Prince isn’t the best defense, but he’ll bring profit to the club and in turn more money for the organization, so they can spend money elsewhere…just how I look at it…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Will it really matter, and have an effect on what the Cubs can do now.

I think they have won Mr.Irrevelant for their entire history.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.