iTunes

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

long story short, have an Ipod, was using Itunes and my computer died, now have a new laptop and downloaded Itunes again, obviously a newer version, it appears they now charge a yearly fee to connect and use their page.
    I didn’t submit to the fees, I can still charge my Ipod, but can’t get it to sync to allow me to change my music. Tried many of the troubleshooting ideas, still not syncing to the site.
    If I can’t get this to work, what other sites do people feel safe using for their music, I don’t want to share files, just want to store my songs and have them available for my use, thanks.
    Maybe I’m not using the new version of itunes properly?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I have never paid a fee to use itunes. I used to always get my music off Limewire but that is shut down. I now buy all my music off of Amazon and then add it to my itunes. There are settings when you hook up your ipod to sync when the device is installed.

I know a few months ago I redid a bunch of my music and when I synced it only like half the songs were on it. I never did the itunes update. I updated to the newest version and then re-synced and everything was fine.

Hope this helps! If you still can’t get it let me know if any messages appear on itunes and I will see if I can help.

hnd

you shouldn’t have to pay for itunes. and who would its one of the most awful intrusive programs i have to have on my computer.

fishbizbob

Drifter,
    Itunes is free to use, however they do a have a new “Music matching” (or something like that) where if you have multiple apple devices you can download a song in Itunes and it will automatically put it on all your apple devices. Not necessary to use it, I don’t.
    When you go to sync Ipod you have to ‘Authorize” your new computer as one of your Itunes computers. You can google ‘transferring itunes to new computer” or something like that. Sorry to ramble, but you don’t have to pay to use Itunes.

milemark_714

Quote:

long story short, have an Ipod, was using Itunes and my computer died, now have a new laptop and downloaded Itunes again, obviously a newer version, it appears they now charge a yearly fee to connect and use their page.
    I didn’t submit to the fees, I can still charge my Ipod, but can’t get it to sync to allow me to change my music. Tried many of the troubleshooting ideas, still not syncing to the site.
    If I can’t get this to work, what other sites do people feel safe using for their music, I don’t want to share files, just want to store my songs and have them available for my use, thanks.
    Maybe I’m not using the new version of itunes properly?

I just purchased an iPod Classic.I went with a program called Floola.It is a very small app that is stored on the player itself.So the player now can be used on any pc running windows.I only used iTunes to set-up the player,and set to be an external device.It is nice to use the iPod on any computer without installing ANY software.They even have versions for Mac and Linux.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.