Old Lures- Need help with “Appraisal”

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Can anyone- ANYONE out there tell me what these two lures are/ who makes them/ how old they might be? I’m going through boxes and boxes of unused tackle and selling it on ebay. I think I’m looking at a small fortune (to a starving college kid) in my room right now with multiple lure “lots” lined up and ready to hit the market. I am just trying to tie up loose ends and make sure I’m not including rare and expensive items in with a bunch of 2 dollar rusty hooked raps. Any help here is greatly appreciated! The bottom lure in the photo is called a “Sweet Thing” as stamped on the side. It is similar in shape to a rat-l-trap but has a soft plastic coating with the twister tail overlaid on the hard body. It has an extreme subtle rattle. If its only worth a few bucks i might just keep it and use it on lakes in the South

Thanks!
    Cade

smoke grub

the top lure is made by arbogast. it had a skirt were the twister tail is …

the bottom looks like a vivif..its not, but it looks like a vivif.

Brian Lyons

Cade:
    What seller name are you using on ebay?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

basscatcher07 i believe it is. Just started earlier this week. I’ve come into some financial stress and need to get some extra cash. My mom urged me to finally clean out the garage so I did it. Currently I have some cranks listed- some of them are decent but probably 2/3 are going to need new hooks… along with the giant lot of firetiger shad raps/fat raps I’m about to put up!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

the top lure is made by arbogast. it had a skirt were the twister tail is …

Thats right! It just came back to me. When I was younger I got a lot of tackle from various people and I’m finding out that some of it has some value… Original storm wiggle warts, Rapala Fat raps, and now this thing… I remember the skirt now, but I remember taking it off because it had melted into that nasty goop that old school rubber stuff gets over time sitting in a tackle box. Thanks for the heads up. Still searching on the bottom one!

milemark_714

You would be surprised what some of those”not-so old” lures are worth.Rebel Fastrac shallow shad comes to mind.I remember those in the throw bins for about a buck.Now they fetch close to 15.00 or so on fleabay

Bottom bait is a Bonzai soft crank/swimbait?

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Bottom bait is a Bonzai soft crank/swimbait?

That was my thought also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.