Wifi Trouble

• buckeye

Tried to get onto my son’s wifi the other night but kept getting message to reset router,etc. The son’s system is central to a large apartment complex. It put me into the reset screen before even asking for a password. Grandson had no issues at all with his computer. Came back home last night and have no issues. Ideas?? Thanks.

scott-k
    Red Wing

I’ve had similar problems…I go to the REPAIR in the lower right of the screen and right click…choose repair and it resets your IP function…can’t hurt.

mfreeman451

The problem with wireless networks in large apartment buildings like that is usually with everyone being on the same default wireless channel (6). There are 0-11 channels and only true separation on 3 of them, so if you’re having troubles, try changing it to the lowest or highest channel, your mileage might vary.

Bassn Dan

It sounds like a number of people are having interference problems in appartment buildings with the electric and gas company’s “smart meters” that are on the same general frequency as wi-fi. With each appartment having its own utility meters, plus other wi-fi users in the building, that’s a lot of signals bouncing around…

Dan

nick
    Lakeville, MN

There’s an application on the android market (probably a similar application for iphones) called wifi analyzer, that can maybe help set a router to a lesser used frequency. Try Changing channels.

Edit I miss understood the thread… My suggestion above wouldn’t work.. in that case

sandmannd

Quote:

The problem with wireless networks in large apartment buildings like that is usually with everyone being on the same default wireless channel (6). There are 0-11 channels and only true separation on 3 of them, so if you’re having troubles, try changing it to the lowest or highest channel, your mileage might vary.

Bingo!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.