ESPN

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

Could we just go one day without watching ESPN bloating about Tbow mania, he is not the only one on the team making things happen.I’m not knocking Denver but come on!!!!!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Since ESPN started buying TV rights to the pro sports they have ignored all the others.

NFL, until the play-offs is basically boring. They don’t have the NHL rights so they don’t hardly cover them. College basketball is still in it’s “beat up on anybody you can for NCAA wins” part of their schedule. NBA isn’t playing. They don’t cover skiing unless somebody falls and dies.

ESPN 2 just covers what ESPN ownes and will develop any story line possible to get people to watch.

Sportscenter will give you scores and a highlight, but mostly they want to pump what they create.

Have patience……….the all basketball schedule until you puke starts Christmas day.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Oh yeah, I forgot about the NBA,It just gets worse. I all ready started puking thinking abot it.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Hey Dutchboy.. News flash- Nobody watches the NHL!

Not even close to joking here. The CUP finals games get the same ratings as at 2:30 am wednesday rerun of M.A.S.H. I thank GOD for TIVO every day so I can hit pause on Sportcenter when a hockey highlight begins. I sit on the toilet for 5 minutes and then come back to fastforward through the piece that nobody else is watching eihter.

ESPN does grab on to what people want. And right now that’s Tebow. Remember Favre last year, even I got sick of it…..a little.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Glad to hear you don’t watch hockey.

For Christmas ask for a guide on Soccer. It’s what ESPN is pushing these days. Maybe you can leaf through it during one of the 900 basketball games a week we are forced to endure.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Ha, well we agree on the basketball thing.

I think they were pushing soccer HARD but then lost the rights to the World Cup. Not sure if that’s 100% accurate but I think that’s what I heard.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Speaking of Tebow, would Deon Sanders and Steve Mariucci just propose to this kid and get it over with! Blarf!! Haven’t seen a man crush like that since the Favre-Madden era

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I agree with this but not to hijack, tune in to ESPN2 tonight and catch the Stag bowl. UW Whitewater vs Mount Union. I’ve watched the last couple of these and they have been awesome games.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Just another Wisconsin team showing up Minnesota. That UW-Whitewater must be a very good team. They blanked St. Thomas 20-0. This year St. Thomas went undefeated and outscored there opponents 521-122.

Thankfully we have hockey to keep us sane over here.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Just another Wisconsin team showing up Minnesota. That UW-Whitewater must be a very good team. They blanked St. Thomas 20-0. This year St. Thomas went undefeated and outscored there opponents 521-122.

Thankfully we have hockey to keep us sane over here.

Yep, they got us again.. BUT where is that WNBA title that WI is still waiting for??

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Tebow or the Fudge Packer going undefeated that is 99% of ESPN TV, Radio etc. but apparently we tune in or listen.

Yup the other 1% is them pushing Soccer…and watching on TV just plain sucks! I would much rather watch the View or poke a hot stick in my eye (about the same pain as watching the View!)

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Atleast there was a reason for favre mania.. The dude was wayyy old and still playing qb in nfl.. As stated above, too many people have a man crush on tebow! Its getting to the point where I’m not watching espn anymore. Can’t wait for a coach to blitz tebow all game.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

too many people have a man crush on tebow!

It’s called a Bro-mance!

drifter295
    Hastings MN

I spent a couple hours at my nephews place yesterday up at Mille Lacs, couldn’t get out on the ice so we talked and watched t.v. He has a satellite system and espn was on, 2 guys bantering back and forth live, 1 in Denver the other in a studio somewhere, this went on for an hour 1 guy loves Tebow, the other not so much, more than once I asked why are we watching this crap? Quickly made me realize why I don’t subscribe to any t.v. services and I probably never will

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

2 guys bantering back and forth live, 1 in Denver the other in a studio somewhere

That show you are speaking of is like that every day for 2 hours and then repeated right afterwards for another 2 hours. The Tebow lover is the most obnoxious DB I have ever seen.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Hey Dutchboy.. News flash- Nobody watches the NHL!

Not even close to joking here. The CUP finals games get the same ratings as at 2:30 am wednesday rerun of M.A.S.H. I thank GOD for TIVO every day so I can hit pause on Sportcenter when a hockey highlight begins. I sit on the toilet for 5 minutes and then come back to fastforward through the piece that nobody else is watching eihter.

ESPN does grab on to what people want. And right now that’s Tebow. Remember Favre last year, even I got sick of it…..a little.

I didn’t know people still watched ESPN. I may have watched some poker on there, but I really don’t pay much attention to the call letters when watching poker.

I know some people who watch hockey have a complex and get defensive when it comes to their sports popularity. Personally I don’t care how popular the sport is. I’d rather have a core group of fans who knows hockey than people who don’t know what offsides is, but still think they know who the greatest player or team is.

I also watch damn near every Wild game every year, so I don’t need a center ice cable package and the couple of games of the week on Versus is enough for me. Also the NHL network’s NHL on the fly is perfect for me. In the morning I can watch all the highlights and top news from the previous day.

Wish I had HBO to see 24/7: Road to the NHL Winter Classic. That’s where you get to see what characters these guys are behind the scenes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.