Great Read!

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I read about 1/3, then skipped to the end. He sounds like a very narrow minded individual there. And he is a professor ? Does he really not know there is other transportation than the Mississippi ? He is a real idiot and I am sure Iowa is real proud of him

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yep pretty much sums it up

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Over the years I’ve had the pleasure of meeting quite a few folks from Iowa. Had a neighbor for many years who grew up in Ankeny, travelled many time to Marshalltown for work, etc. How this guy could spend 20 years there and not figure out what nice people Iowans are is truly a mystery.

Yup, this guy is an idiot.

Rootski

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

The sad thing is, I graduated from the University of Iowa. This gentleman is truly enlightened. I like how he scoffs at hard work ethic and religion. Maybe he should relocate to some place where they have soy vegan cookies. I don’t think he is benefiting Iowa any.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

And to think he is teaching your kids down there. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Mine is this guy has lived in the upper midwest with blinders on for 20 years and has a hatred for religion and guns.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I tend to like the type of people he seems to think aren’t worthy of helping to decide our next president. What a tool

holennet
    Park View, Iowa

At first I thought this was going to be a humorous story. I stop at a local gas station on the way to work for coffee. I frequently get asked….what are you going to do about this weather. Being a National Weather Service employee, my response usually is we need this weather, humidity, snow, ice, tornados,always the ever changing conditions….because it keeps us from being invaded from the west coast folks. The clerks smile, laugh and say yup…Iowa is pretty special. To bad we let one sneak in! Here’s to Iowa.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I agree! The Midwest in general is a very special place. Here’s a toast to all of us this guy gaffs and makes fun of. I think I’m gonna go hop in my tractor and head to lunch now.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Since I have returned to school I have meet alot of professors and aome just like this guy, so I was going to say alot more but I thought it would be better to keep it short. This guy (I cannot call him a Professor) is an Idiot to put it nicely.

lhprop1
    Eagan

How could anyone hate themselves enough to read that rambling blather? Typical college professor type using 2,000 words to say exactly nothing.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

How could anyone hate themselves enough to read that rambling blather? Typical college professor type using 2,000 words to say exactly nothing.

will make an excellent President some day

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

He is obviously not from Here… I am enjoying the comments concerning his article. I love when big city folks talk to us like we are children… Let the verbal shootings begin..

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

The author seems to be disappointed that young people leave Iowa. Then in the same breath tells all his students to get out as fast as they can because he doesn’t want them to turn into their parents?? confusing article

many things wrong with the election process but starting in Iowa is hardly the root of the evil.

I guess people who live in big cities don’t hunt or fish. I sure don’t know anyone in the Twin Cites Metro or Milwaukee areas that do any of these activities.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

All you need to know is where he’s originally from, San Francisco, enough said!

Oh one thing TOOL!!!

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I think the boy got a bad batch of peyote buttons.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

The letters read as follows: IOWA (idiot out wondering around)

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This so called professor sure hasen’t got his eyes open. I told the wife what he said about the small towns along the Mississippi and she said whats wrong with them, thier all beautiful. What about the farmer up by Manchester that died leaving his wife to bring that years crop in by herself, farmers from all around showed up and helped the farmers wife bring the crop in. He visited all 99 counties and has nothing good to say about them? This guy has no Idea what hes talking about at all, my wife says shes going to send a message to the dean today…He should move back to California but maybe they don’t want him there eigther lol

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

I live in downtown St. Paul…I see pale meth-heads here, so I am pretty sure it’s not a problem strict to rural Iowa.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.