Prayers Needed.

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Hey all! Just wanted people to say some prayers for my dad. Tomorrow Dec. 1st he goes in to get his prostate removed do to cancer. All should go well. But the prayers always help. Thanks!!

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Sending prayers, all I can say is cancer sucks it has affected my family too many times. Good Luck to your Dad.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Prayers sent to guide the Doctors and for a speedy recovery

big_g
    Isle, MN

Done.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

My prayers go to your Dad and your family.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Prayer sent.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Prayers sent.

blufloyd

I’m in. Hope you weighed lot of options as there is a lot of press on this as often unneeded. And post follow doc orders I know of more who died from post surg comps.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Prayers sent!

blackbay

Good luck to your dad and prayers sent. My dad goes in on Friday for his surgical consult. He’s on the fence between Cryo and the DaVinci procedure.

troy-starch
    stoddard wi

prayers sent hope all goes well

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Prayer just sent to the Big Man Above.

God Bless and take care

skeeterbite
    illinois

Hope everything goes well. Our thoughts and prayers are with him

chomps
    Sioux City IA

prayers to your family and dad, speedy recovery.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Good luck to your dad and prayers sent. My dad goes in on Friday for his surgical consult. He’s on the fence between Cryo and the DaVinci procedure.

Thanks for the prayers guys. I head home to Minnesota tonight to drive him and mom to the hospital tomorrow. It should go good. My dad decided to go the DaVinci route because they caught his early enough that cancer showed on only 2 of his 16 biopsies and were fairly shallow. So taking out the prostate will take care of the whole problem. There is only a 1% chance it has matastisized (sp). So he should be good after. Biggest complication is a cathiter forever if something went wrong. Or thats what would bother him the most he says.

Again thanks to everyone for the prayers so far. It was finally hitting me today that this was all happening. I love this page and all the people I’ve met on here as friends. Thanks Again!!!

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Prayers sent ! God Bless.

From the Bennett family

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

X’s 2

blackbay

Quote:

Thanks for the prayers guys. I head home to Minnesota tonight to drive him and mom to the hospital tomorrow. It should go good. My dad decided to go the DaVinci route because they caught his early enough that cancer showed on only 2 of his 16 biopsies and were fairly shallow. So taking out the prostate will take care of the whole problem. There is only a 1% chance it has matastisized (sp). So he should be good after. Biggest complication is a cathiter forever if something went wrong. Or thats what would bother him the most he says.

Again thanks to everyone for the prayers so far. It was finally hitting me today that this was all happening. I love this page and all the people I’ve met on here as friends. Thanks Again!!!

Sounds real similar to my dads situation. As someone said there is a fair amount of discussion going in the medical community (insert foghorn) on about what is appropriate treatment. With that said I have known too many people with cancer and the one thing they all have in common is they want it gone and gone NOW!

I wish the best of luck to your dad.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Been a year since my dad was diagnosed. Went through all treatments and at his last checkup was all clear. Good luck and prayers sent.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Keep the faith Paul and let us know.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Paul,
    Prayers sent for your Dad and your family,
    I’d say the Davinci is the way to go. My wife is a Surgical Tech, and is really impressed with that procedure.
    Hope he heals quickly, and sure sounds like they caught it early.
    Jack

sfreiber
    Fond du Lac,WI

Done on my end!

basser
    White Bear Lake,mn.

Prayers sent for your dad and family and wisdom for doctor to do what is needed!!!!

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

Prayin all went well. Amen.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Here’s the update. Thanks again for all the prayers. I showed them to the old man and he liked em a lot.

The surgery went great on Thursday. They got his prostate out just fine and all the cancer was contained there with nothing spread. Urinary tract was fine so no catheder will be needed after he heals. So he only needs it 9 days. He ended up staying over an extra day but I got them home just in time on Saturday as the snow started falling. And Istayed with them an extra night due to the weather and made it home fine today. So so far so good. My only problem was getting him to take his pain meds instead of basic over the counter when he got home. He didnt like it made him feel sorta drunk and tired. I told him he had nowhere to go so take it, but he’s stubborn, but Pain got the best of him and he took it just after I left and now says he’s good. And will take it.

Thanks again for the prayers guys!!!

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

That is GREAT, glad you got good news and he will recover fine also.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.