11/11/11 a most memorable veterens day.

• Tucker02
    Mn

I already winterized my boat, it was kind of late in the year, but the forecast and the full moon made me crazy! One last trip to the pond. The plan was to meet my son on the N.W. side for a night of trolling. He had to work and planned to be there by 5:30. I was antsy to be up North and got up to my favorite watering hole by 1:30p.m. I dont often play pull tabs but decided to play 10.00 while I sipped on a frosty Leinie’s. Playing out of a two dollar box, I pulled a 400.00 Time to rest,by the time my son got there, the boat and I were ready to go.It was game on, not lights out but we caught 19 fish between 6:30 and 10:30 with the top honors going to my son with a 27 incher. The smallest fish was a 15.5 incher and the rest of our limit of keepers were 18-19.5 inch fish.Many fish in 18-22 inch range My son said he was a believer in the full moon and after 5 years of college, this was the best fishing he had in quite a while! He beat me 11-8, but thats o.k. it was pretty special. We caught our fish on holographic stick baits in 3-6 ft. of water and when the moon poked out from the clouds, it was like flipping a switch.Slow was also very key. Yes, I am a veteran of the United states army, and yes this day was very special in many ways. Mostly time with family. Trying to post pics!!

kruger
    Metro,mn

Sounds like a blast! And thank you for your service!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.