Idaho lady and Wolf!

• stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Anybody else see this? I think I love her…

“She had been bow hunting using
    a cow call near Headquarters, Idaho. She changed her position and was crossing an open meadow when the wolf appeared at the edge.
    It saw her and the wind was blowing directly from her to the wolf.
    She raised her arms and waved them to catch it’s attention, it came straight for her. The bow was dropped and the S&W M-29 44 Magnum was deployed. She made the 1st shot at about 10 feet, hitting it above the left eye. It dropped and changed direction, trying to get away after the shot. She shot it again in the lungs, then a 3rd time in the neck.
    It took two men to lift it into the pick-up.

She’s a tall women, about 5′ 11″ and pretty tough. She hunts bear and cougar with hounds – her own hounds! Her husband is a long range shooter and is adept at making 600 plus yard shots. The lady, however, is the one who busts the brush with bow or rifle. The wolf’s size comes into perspective when you compare her size to it.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Isn’t there 6 shots in a 29?

I would have used at least 4 more.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I’d like to see more wolf’s exactly like that one around Northern Wisconsin

Congrats to the Lady for some fine shooting

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

i think i’d have been using the bow at 30 yards.

adds a new dimension to ‘coyote’ hunting…

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

That’s pretty impressive!
    Hats off to the lady for some fine shooting while under considerable pressure.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Damn it, I had my money on the wolf.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Damn it, I had my money on the wolf.

but don’t Cougar’s always beat Wolf’s ?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

but don’t Cougar’s always beat Wolf’s ?

When they are protecting their cub.

I didn’t read the story very closely at first. I thought she killed it just with an arrow.

Not sure I can trust that link considering the footer:

Quote:

***Correction*** NBC Montana originally reported that only six wolves have been killed in the wolf hunt, and the woman who reportedly killed the charging wolf did not have a wolf tag.

Apparently they report the first time around as well as I read.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Isn’t there 6 shots in a 29?

I would have used at least 4 more.

Kinda what I was thinking! And also I will add I would have started shooting before it was at 10′. I guess she is confident in her shooting

I dont have to worry about wolves where I deer hunt YET and hopefully never do but I know too many guys who have had their deer hunting areas ruined by wolves. Maybe MN should wise up and have a season. I will help take care of the problem

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

I dont have to worry about wolves where I deer hunt YET and hopefully never do but I know too many guys who have had their deer hunting areas ruined by wolves. Maybe MN should wise up and have a season. I will help take care of the problem

You must not hunt in the Grand Rapids area if they are not a problem where you hunt.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was just up at Grand Rapids. I didn’t see one Timber Wolf. I did see a young of the year porcupine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.