Team Catfish Prize and Sturgeon Trip

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

I posted this on the Catfish and Sturgeon Forum but wanted to also post it here where more would see it. I want to publicly thank Team Catfish (an IDO sponsor) and our own Brian K (Trophy Catfish and Sturgeon Adventures) for the prize package drawing they offered with a qualifying purchase of catfish tackle or sinkers. My son and I were the lucky winners and went out last night with Brian and had a great time. Brian posted pictures from our trip on the Catfish forum. We caught one catfish, two shovelnose sturgeon, and two lake sturgeon, and had a great night on the water. Team Catfish is sending a bounty of catfish gear, bait and apparel that will certainly get put to good use after our big fish exposure last night. My son is ready to go again, so we’ll have everything we need to go after the big ones.

Here’s the report I posted on the Catfish and Sturgeon Forum:

Brian,

Thanks for donating the trip. We had a great time. A little different from our usual fishing, but there is something cool about sitting out on the water in the dark when you have the whole place to yourself. And of course there is the good company and conversation. Don’t know if we solved any world problems last night, but had a great visit. Jonathon’s sold, he’s up for going again anytime. That’s his kind of fishing, sit back and not work too hard until you have a fish. We did have to work hard for the Sturgeon. All we could do is hold on and try to gain a little line when we could. Truly a blast.

We got home around 3:00 and the alarm went off at 8:00 so Jon could get to work by 9:00, so it was a short night for him. I sent him off and went back to bed.

Thanks again to you and to Team Catfish. This was a great prize package. For anyone who hasn’t tried their hand at Sturgeon and/or large Catfish, you should give it a try. You might just catch the fish of a lifetime, ie. the biggest fish you will ever catch, and I can’t think of a better guide to get you out their for your adventure than Brian. He walked us through the whole process, so there would not be any surprises along the way. He has a well equipped boat with everything we might need and we knew where it was before we needed it.

A very professional operation, but he made us feel like we were old fishing buddies. All in all a first class operation.

Thanks again,

Dave and Jon

Link to photos

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the kind words Dave!

Fishing with you guys was like fishing with old buddies.

You could tell that sturgeon grabbed Jon’s attention!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hats off to BK and Team Catfish on this one. Sounds like Christmas came early for you, Dave!

dave53
    Altoona, WI

It sure did

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.