Arthritis help?

• tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

I was diagnosed with it in the ball of my foot,its getting worse and I take a ibuproffen every day to relive but that will kill my liver..any remedys or suggestions? it just sucks..thanks..

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I would see a good arth. doc.

I have arth but I cannot take the NSAIDS as they upset my stomach too much.

It took my wife about a year plus to find a med for her arth that helped with no side effects.

Sometimes simply trial and error to find a drug that fits your symptons.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Okay I do not know if this really helps, but my Father-in-law believed in it and used it religoulsy (rip) and I Hsve heard of others that swear by it. Buy yourself some Golden Raisin’s repeat Golden Raisin’s. It has to be Golden raisin’s, sorry that was how it was stressed to me. Put them into a jar that has a lid you can close tightly. Next fill the jar up with GIN, yes Gin. Allow to set for a couple of days then take a regular teaspoon and take a spoonful ( about 6-8 raisins) everyday in the morning. Like I said I do not know if it works but those who have told me about it said without taking the Gin soaked raisin’s they could hardly move. If you do try it let us know how it works, I know my day is coming as my arthritis gets worse, but so far it is still tolerable and only needs medication occasionally. Good Luck

tvfishermn

I will say see a Dr.
    I take Mloxicam, Omeprazole to protect my stomach from the meloxicam,Tramadol,and over the counter activ on. The pain never goes away but I can still tie a hook on a line for now.

Staneilers

Agree with seeing a doc. Most likely a rheumatologist or podiatrist. The average family doc or orthopod probably won’t help. You will never get ahead with pain meds. You can try glucosamine and/or chondroitin, over the counter. They don’t work for everyone. It’s possible the right podiatrist could design an insert or related appliance. Good Luck.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Asparagus! The wonder veg.. Taste great with one side effect stinky pee. It has helped me with joint a muscle pain.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I have arthritis so bad i can’t even get out of bed. About 20 years ago, i started a glucosamine SULFATE/MSM combo and it’s like i’m 19 all over again (only smarter) it takes about 6 weeks for it to take effect and for me condroitin does not work. it needs to be sulfate.

Good luck.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Due to kidney cancer in the past, I suffer from arthritis of my heels big toe and knees. Google Sulindac. It is a modified NSAID that does not upset the stomach. Ask your Doc about it. It is the only thing that works for me, other than a shot in the arse of Toridol for sudden attacks.

schreinersshop
    Alma Wi

a daily dose of hot red peppers. cayenne or hotter. the capsacium is an anti-inflamitory and a pain reliever. there is a topical creme but it should be used in addition to your internal dose not in place of it.

tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

thanks for the help,I’m scheduled to have an insert in a couple weeks..heard the gin thing before,might have to try.gonna check out the others,thanks again.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Okay I do not know if this really helps, but my Father-in-law believed in it and used it religoulsy (rip) and I Hsve heard of others that swear by it. Buy yourself some Golden Raisin’s repeat Golden Raisin’s. It has to be Golden raisin’s, sorry that was how it was stressed to me. Put them into a jar that has a lid you can close tightly. Next fill the jar up with GIN, yes Gin. Allow to set for a couple of days then take a regular teaspoon and take a spoonful ( about 6-8 raisins) everyday in the morning. Like I said I do not know if it works but those who have told me about it said without taking the Gin soaked raisin’s they could hardly move. If you do try it let us know how it works, I know my day is coming as my arthritis gets worse, but so far it is still tolerable and only needs medication occasionally. Good Luck

Thank God its only a teaspoon in the a.m.!!!

Mark

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.