Toshiba laptops

• timmy

I am looking at a Toshiba satellite laptop with the 17” screen. Does anybody on here have any opinions good/bad/otherwise regarding these? I have been searching on-line and they seem to get good reviews…..

Any suggestions for the best pricing?

Thanks – T

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Im on my second Toshiba laptop, powercord went out on the first one after 3 tears and I upgraded. My son has had one at college for 3.5 years. I’m not a computer geek, but seems to do everything I need. no complaints.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I’ve always liked Toshibas. I’ve only seen one major issue ever, and that may have been a fluke. My sister had a satellite that had an arc form and burn up her motherboard. That’s the only one I’ve ever heard of with that issue though.

Overall, I feel they’re a quality laptop for a decent price. Newegg.com and tigerdirect.com usually carry them at decent prices.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

I have a Toshiba Satellite with a 16″ screen. I really like the feel of the keyboard, the screen has great resolution, and fantastic battery life. This has been my first laptop and really like it’s performance.

hnd

i have nothing but good things to say about toshibas.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll give them a rating. No problems with mine. Great laptop at a great price.

-J.

timmy

Thanks, all. I appreciate the feedback. This confirms what I have already heard, so a new toshiba will be ordered today.

T

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

As much as I hate to say it I got my FW’s at Walmart. Great price and it has been awesome! Also they had 12 months free money!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Quote:

As much as I hate to say it I got my FW’s at Walmart. Great price and it has been awesome! Also they had 12 months free money!

X2! Much as I hate wal-mart and all it stands for, the laptop has been a great deal!

big_g
    Isle, MN

NEWEGG is awesome to work with I order everything at work from them

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

I give them
    I’m using a Satellite A665
    Works great, Fast and plenty of RAM

I’ve had mine for 6-months, I gave my 83yo Mom a Toshiba Satellite 1-1/2 yrs ago for Chirstmas. Flawless and no problems for me to resolve. She is online all the time, far fewer problems than the old desktop, great investment.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Go for it you won’t be let down. We have 2 of them and love them both. They have outstanding warranty if anything dose happen. My wife dropped our first one and killed the drive in it. Toshiba said send it in and it would be repaired at no cost to us, even though it wasn’t a defect it was an accident. We didn’t even have to pay any shipping. Just had to send it off from a UPS store. We also purchesed it from Wal Mart (dont tell anyone) they had the best price at the time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.