06 Mercury 60 four stroke bigfoot ?

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Found this motor for sale but have a couple questions before I look at it. Will this be too heavy for a 95 Lund Pro Angler? If not, can you get it propped right for this boat or is it basically a pontoon motor. Can the regular lower unit be put on this motor. It is a good price if it will work without too much hassle.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

The only difference that I have found is that the Bigfoot has bigger heavier gears for pushing pontoons. Lower units from the 60 bigfoot and the 60 regular can be swapped. If propped right the bigfoot should push the boat. I found a bigfoot lower for my 60 and it’ll bolt rite up, just maybe a little slower

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Thanks Jesse- From what I understand the bigfoot is the same as the 75-115 gearbox. Have you used your motor with both. I thought the bigfoot would not troll down as slow because of the bigger diameter prop but maybe it is geared to adjust to that. Anyway I will find out. It was a deal I couldn’t pass up. Now all I need is a tiller handle for it. Any ideas where I can find a good used one reasonably priced.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I have not. I am in need of a lower and found a Bigfoot lower. Just not sure I want to go that route

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.