Duluth Area ??’s

• huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I have always wanted to go to Duluth, just from what I have heard from people. There is a marine museum there that needs to be seen I believe. If i were to wanna go fishing, who do I need to get a hold of. Possibly a half day, was thinking end of August or 1st part of September. What would we even be fishing for?? I know nothing about thte area. Any good places to stay, I want something nice, but don’t wanna break the bank.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

As far as fishing goes, there are plenty of charters that fish superior. Whitewater, KDK, etc just call around and see who has the deal your looking for. You will catch lake trout.

As far as things to do, the museum, spirit mountain has a pretty cool alpine coaster (I can get ya a few free tickets if ya want) and they have a new zip line that is suppose to be good.

Places to stay, in canal park there are 3 or 4 big hotels, if u have kids the edge water is the place to be as they have an indoor water park.

Any more questions just ask!

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Thanks Grant

Lake Trout sounds fun…. No kids, so that cuts down on things.

norge

Depending on how long and what your interests are after you have seen some of the many cool things in Duluth you may want to head up the North Shore in tourist mode. You can drive up to Palisade Head for a Mountain like look see of L. Superior. or hike up to Minnesota’s highest point Eagle Mountain or another good lookout Carlton Peak near Tofte. Charters on the Big Lake are available up and down the North Shore if you want to stick with that. If you want to go get a great meal you can pack a light weight rod and there are Brook Trout in virtually every stream that flows into L. Superior. Hip boots or even sneakers and jeans will suffice. Worms or spinners will take fish or fly fishing if you do that. No better eating than that. There are numerous Hotels and Motels and there are campgrounds galore if you want to do that for a night or two. Many right on some good Walleye Lakes. You may even want to check out one of the Canoe outfitters for a short trip into the BWCA. They can provide everything you need at a reasonable price. A little piece of heaven up there, you just have to choose which slice you want.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Unless you are hell-bent to fish there is plenty to see your first time. Like others have said I recommend canal park area. Stay away from inland downtown Duluth. Then head up the north shore. There are plenty of parks and waterfalls along the way including some small towns you could spend the night at. Fishing can be done but now I go up there during fall so i can grouse hunt while site seeing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.