R.I.P. Simba

• walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Today I put my hunting dog to sleep. He lived a great life of 13 years and 3 months. Losing your hunting partner has to be one of the worst feelings a man can ever go through. I have never met anyone else who will sit with me from start to end whether it was 100 degrees out and bugs all over, to 20 below zero with winds whipping and snow blowing and everything covered in ice, (including the dog), and still happy at the end of the day.

Its going to be very different coming home everyday and not having him walking up to the truck door to get his ears rubbed and see how his master is doing. I know many of you have gone through this, but if not, enjoy every moment with your dog, through the good and the bad, because in the end, it doesnt matter if he chewed up that tennis shoe, ran away for the night, wouldnt listen to your every word, tearing up the garbage in the can, or anything else dogs get into. Love them and be there for them all of the time, they are ALWAYS there for you, no matter what.

Rest in peace simba, I know your already chasing down ducks and geese in heaven. Im going to miss you bud. “Hunt em up boy!”

cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

I’m so sorry you have my deepest sympathy.
    I know I would definately miss my Claire too if I didn’t have her to meet me at the door every nite after work.
    Take care.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sorry to hear that. I have been through if, and it is certainly hard to do. The stupid things dig right into your heart and don’t let go.

RIP Simba

timmy

I have been there recently and I agree, it hurts bad.

It does get better, though. Sorry for your loss.

T

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Man…………………..that sucks. A lot of us have been there. We understand.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

they are ALWAYS there for you, no matter what.

Man’s best friend. Good dog Simba.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories made!

Cory

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

13 years is a darn good run! You were obvious a great master to him. RIP Simba!

-J.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

God Speed WW!!! RIP Simba!!! Mine’s twelve closing in on her day soon and its tough to look at her and not think about what your going through today…

Mark

Bob Bowman
    MN

I am very sorry, one of the hardest things a guy has to do.

Hang in there

finman

Yup, just wiped a few tears away myself. I am convinced that we get one truly great pet in our lifetime. Google “a dog’s plea” it definately helped me through the hurt, hope it might help you too…

RIP Simba

DrewH
    s/w WI.

I have had many dogs in 68 years. They were all great friends and hard to let go. My present best friend is 14 and she too is coming up to her……. The feelings you are having will ease with time and it is obvious you were Simbas best friend. Good luck and Simba RIP.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I’m sorry for your loss, sounded like a great friend!

big_g
    Isle, MN

A hard thing to do for sure. But thinking back in awhile, you truely realize how worth it they are. Still hurts though…sorry.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Makes me cry –

I remember that last day of all my hunting dogs lives. You will always have the memories of the adventures you shared together.

A great dog is a treasure in a man’s life

Dog

Tucker02
    Mn

Been there. It is tough. I am truly sorry for your loss. Remembering honors their life with you..Fond memories I am sure.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.