Need a piece of cottonwood!

• phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

I need a big piece of cottonwood, or other soft wood, for hammerschlagen.

does anyone know where i can get this?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I need a big piece of cottonwood, or other soft wood, for hammerschlagen.

does anyone know where i can get this?

I wouldn’t mind if you came over and took the whole tree from my neighbors yard.

FDR

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Use oak. It’ll make the game more challenging

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im looking for a cotton wood to. Had a nice full tree with the leaves still green on it set up on a small hump in a little side channel on pool 2. This thing was holding nice fish for the last couple of trips and produced 2 walleyes over 27″s for us last Saturday. Went there yesterday and it was gone. The fish where gone to. Looked all over to see where that tree had drifted to and set up again but could not find it. Was even thinking about trying to find another one up river, hooking on to it and hauling it into that spot. Ill most likely have to keep thinking on that one.

Lots of floating drift wood on the river. Would imagine a lot of it is cotton wood.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Try a local tree service company.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If you come down to pool 4 let me know. I have plenty of cottonwood logs down at my firepit.

Ferlin Cobb
    minneapolis, mn

The tornado took down half the trees at North Mississippi Regional Park. Might be a chunk laying around you could borrow.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Still looking? They’re building a house two doors down and I came home to find these cottonwood “logs” on the curb today. They are HUGE, though. BYOC (bring your own chainsaw) Located in Crystal, MN.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nevermind…they just picked it all up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.