stockholm pier

• xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

taking the family camping next weekend…anybody have any luck off of the pier by the campgrounds…..hoping to get some catfish..how deep is it by the pier….thanks for the help

kris_brantner
    My river

well unless the water drops in a hurry it will still be under water this weekend. always see people out there fishing tho when it is out of the water

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

no not this weekend the weekend of the 9th

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

My guess is it will probably still be under

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Years back when we had a normal flow at this time of year there was a bouy set a short distance off the end of the the wingdam. I’d anchor up in the gap and could have days where sauger and walleyes were thick and jigging vertically or using a float, sinker and and plain hook took all of those a guy might want. That has been quite a while ago but unless things have changed radically the same scenario should be able to be had yet. Fun times back then.

I remember once we were anchored there and a boat from Illinois pulled up and anchored between us and shore. We were using slip floats and small jigs and really doing a num,ber on the sauger that morning. Our new neighbors watched the happenings for about five minutes and then every one of them had a float on a line set at 18 inches….of course the 18 inches we were showing them was where the small split shot was at to stop the float from hitting the jig when we reeled in. They managed a couple white bass before giving up and moving. Funny.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

funny story tom how ppl will park next to u and copy whatever is working next door…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.