Menomin/Tainter Walleye league

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Hi all,

I put this in the general forum to reach many as might be interested-since most don’t regularly check the WI page. I am thinking of organizing a Menomin/Tainter weekly walleye league and need to know how many might be interested. I realize it’s late to start this year, but could put something together for next-so this is my starting point. If you are interested, PM me and include your e-mail address so I can let you know of any progress-possibilities. I am thinking in the lines of starting opening week of fishing and running weekly thru middle of July (would run longer if they ever cleaned up the lakes, most won’t take the green past that point) alternating from Menomin to Tainter on weekly basis. Many other possibilities to consider, possibly artifical only? I am open to any ideas, but usually simpler it’s kept, the easier to run and keep people happy.
    In the meantime, I will contact the WDNR and find out more information on what formats will be allowed. Also, want to keep in forefront not negatively impacting the fishery.
    All ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Jeremy

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Would you have to go every week?

Put my email on the list

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Pete,
    your email is ALREADY on the list!
    Shoot me a PM on any ideas, think some flexibility will have to be there, but can’t please everyone. Once I get people’s emails and some basic ideas, I can shoot everyone a message and get more specific input. Example, there might be one night out of the week that works way better for the majority than another.

jon johansen
    menomonie wi

doc put me down But if Pete’s going to fish it he gotta fish from shore

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I suppose I would come. Only if I don’t have basket weaving that night

TD Ramrod
    Menomonie, WI

They already have a multispecies league every wednesday night on Tainter. It used to be alternating but nobody wanted to do Menomin.

cgranley
    western wisconsin

I would be interested. I will send you a PM with my contact information.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

thanks for the responses guys!

The artifical lure only idea was only an example, more than likely, most will have no problem with allowing livebait. Since there is a multispecies league available, this would be specific to walleyes/saugers(someone might catch one) only. Anybody interested, please PM me, as more than likely we will be limiting the number of boats due to the size of the fisheries. I have been getting some GREAT ideas and will compile and send out an email in the near future—if we started basic enough, might be able to get something going yet this year (June-early July)???????

Jeremy

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Please don’t have it on a night that I have to iron my T-shirts and rearrange my sock drawer other than that I’m in This could be a fun league and a learning experience for some of us. Great idea Doc… hopefully we can get started this season.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.