Sad day yesterday and today.

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

After knowing this day would come for a while now it had to be done yesterday. Esse, our Shar Pei, had to got to doggie heaven. She was my wife’s dog before marriage and grew to be not only a great pet for our young son but a great family dog for us and the neighbors. She was not the typical Shar Pei, as others told us. She was social, well tempered, and loved to be scratched. Just don’t come in the yard unannouced. You would have thought this 39 pounds was 300 lbs . Everyone who met her loved her.

Lots of stories and great memories of stuff she did that made us know she liked to be with us as much as we like to be with her.

We loved her dearly but could not watch her in pain and suffer from doggie alzheimers. The “smile and let’s go play” just faded away.

She was a great family dog and will be dearly missed.

Thanks for reading my small dedication.

arklite881south

Most all of us as pet owners can likely relate. Hang in there!! Remember the good times and rest assured our pets count on us to take care of them from puppies to the last stages of their lives. You did what was right and humane, but very difficult no question.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Sorry to hear this Diesel.

After I had to put my last dog to sleep for health reasons, I said I would never go through that again. One does the right thing and has their dog put to sleep to not have to go through alot of suffering and then they themselves question why they did it.

It hurst to do what is right.

Well, I was wrong as I now have another.

It’s very tough to lose a family pet.

One great thing is all the photo’s and stories to remember Esse by.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry to hear this Diesel.

Knowing how much joy our first family dog gave us and what it would have been like with out him, helped a little when it was his time.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Sorry to hear that Diesel.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sorry to hear about your buddy. It is really hard to see them suffer, but know you did the right thing.

Here is to Esse

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
    There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors.
    Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
    There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
    There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth.
    So, each day they run and play until the day comes when, one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!
    You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace,
    Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated…

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Darn hard pill to swallow for anyone…. Sorry to hear you lost a good dog.

Check this out. Hope it makes your day a little easier to take>>>> Puppies!

-J.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

Most all of us as pet owners can likely relate. Hang in there!! Remember the good times and rest assured our pets count on us to take care of them from puppies to the last stages of their lives. You did what was right and humane, but very difficult no question.

x2 sorry for your loss diesel

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Sorry to hear this. I feel your pain. as 2 days before our 1st snowfall this year I had to put our family dog down. Then 2 months ago my parents dog. It’s funny how just when things seem to get manage to leave little reminders for us. wouldn’t trade them for the world.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

SOrry to hear Diesel. That’s always very hard to handle. Sounds like a great friend. Hang in there.

sandmannd

Sorry to hear that, it’s never good to loos a true friend like that. Thoughts are with you.

ted-merdan

Sorry to hear Diesel – not easy to do. My wife brought a yellow lab into our marriage and like you he became the family dog. It will be 8 years ago this fall and I still miss him but we ended up replacing one great dog with two new labs. In time your family will be ready for the fulfillment of another dog in your life but the memories of the first will not be forgotten.

Here’s to your buddy

-ted

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks for the kind words all. It is tough but we know we did the right thing.

Derek

timmy

From someone who has been there recently…..my condolences. It hurts now – but the good memories will win out.

T

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Sorry to hear about your loss… She sounds like an amazing dog – Thank you for sharing!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I’ve been thru this too many times…but its never easy.
    My thoughts are with you.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sorry to hear and been there many, many times. It never gets easier.

We lost a lab 2 weekends ago (my brothers) and another brothers golden has cancer in her leg.

By the way, she’s a cute dog.

petty
    minnesota

Sorry for your loss. Thats the only thing bad about a dog,they just don’t live long enough.If you truly loved the dog, you did what was best for him.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Diesel:

Sorry for your loss, God Speed to your family, perhaps in time another will be in your life…

Mark

chomps
    Sioux City IA

always tough to hear about those situations, you will be days, weeks, and months down the road and something will always bring back good memories.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Sorry to hear that Diesel.

WeFish

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.