3rd Crow Wing

• Art

Will be there in two weeks for three days. Know the lake real well but haven’t fished there much this time of year. Would just like a general idea of depth and bait for this area for eyes. Was there in June, read reports in here on depth that were being fished in this area and it paid off. Thanks

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I may be up the next weekend for a few days. I would probably troll shad raps over the islands to look for some active fish. The 2 main points might be worth a look too.

I dont know if I will have a chance to let you know how I did until after you leave.

If you see a red Lund w/ Honda or a Alumacraft Competitor w/ a Yamaha, say hi!

Art

Dave; Give the north bay a shot. We were up there the 3rd week of Sept. last year and picked up 2 real nice eyes back there. Trolled over the top of weeds with shallow running cranks. The weeds were all down then and we were in 6-8ft.Biggest problem was keeping little notherens off. Good luck.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

interesting-I have only tried the north bay a little, mostly looking for panfish. Whenever back there, I cant keep the bullheads off. I will give it a shot though-Thanks!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Art has a good point about the North Bay. It is also a great spot for opening weekend, before the weeds come up. You will do as good casting cranks to the weed beds on 3rd as you will fishing the structure.

Fish the weeds near deep water, they are the most consistant producers, especially in September!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.