Pelican lake by St. Michael

• jexeri

what’s the deal with this lake, I’ve driven past it a few times – it seems huge with plenty of good habitat for bass, but I never here anything about it from anglers and struggle to even find a map. Any info let me know…

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

If its the same lake I am thinking of I used to duck hunt it several years ago. Very shallow, I think it freezes out every year. never actually tried fishing though so you never know. Is it just west of st. michiel and north of 241??

jexeri

yep, that’s the one I’m thinking of too. It’s like 4500 acres

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Bronzy,

It’s a greawt lake if your brave enough. The thing is a mine feild for your lower unit and the areas to fish are at the other end if the lake. I’ve been told there’s some good crappie fishing in there as well.

jexeri

it looks like a great bass lake, are there any decent maps of it ? Great for Bass or just crappies and gills ?? Thanks for the info

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

It is actually a very good lake to fish but as mentioned above you best do your homework and take your time doing so. Dont depend on your GPS units to navigate thru these lakes. Just this last week on a lake in the area searching for a sunken island using my GPS and chip the island was near 100 yards off from where the chip claimed it to be…

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yeah! I lived in Hanover (few miles from Pelican) for 4 years and didn’t really know the thing existed. I’ve heard good crappie reports from there as well.. I’ve heard rumblings that they were going to drain it?? no way that could be true as i was shocked i even heard that.

jexeri

I have heard the DNR is thinking of drawing it down for duck hunting… ??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.