BJ’s Crappie Tourney

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

13 pounds won todays tourney..

Yep,, same guys 4 years in a row..
    Weather was not ideal for crappie fishing.. But just like ANY tourney,, some team is going to break the barrier. That is how tourney fishing is.. We finished 22nd out of 100 teams..

I fished the tourney with Glenn Keller.. Could not have asked for a better parter..

We will get time next year..

Thanks again Glenn..

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Actually those two have won three years in a row and the second place team has got second three years in a row also. 10 crappies was what you could weigh and 4 teams had over 10 pounds, plus two crappies over 2 pounds. 2.22 won the big fish this year. Derek and Glenn nice to meet you two today and also thanks for the snells.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Nice to meet you as well Schtickney..
    Yes Derek it was great fishing with you and NEXT year we will attack this tourney with more aggression
    You were a great partner as well. I had alot of fun even though the conditions weatherwise were not perfect well it was rough and very wet. I had my share of lake water to drink this week..
    2.22 pound crappies on Clearwater…
    Next year we will get a better position in the outcome. I wont throw any of the crappies back tilo we have our max allowed amount. The bite was going so well one after another and I was sure we were going to hit that big one and I was not expecting the bite to stop so quick and the big one turning out to be a 5 plus pound northern..
    Well we live and learn and I have learned a few things during this tourney and one is Derek is one heck of a nice guy and a great partner to share a boat with…

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I finished 4th in ’04’. The top five teams caught the fish in one bay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.