New spot did not produce!!!

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well went out this morning and started working a new area. The structure was there although the fish were not. We set up in 34 F.O.W. which we were on top of a nice hump! Oneside of us the one hole dropped down to 42 F.O.W. the other hole on the otherside of the hump was 38 F.O.W.
    The LX-5 was showing blips of life, and when the VS-560 got in position we seen our blips were small perch. That was good we knew something bigger would be by soon. With the 560 panning back and forth we seen Walleye move in but not interested in our baits cb2 was using a mini mert with a crappie minnow at first and I was using a Red #6 with a fat head. Showing no interest made me jump to a Go-Devil tipped with a minnow head still nothing and Walleye moved on..Perch were back beating up on cb2’s minnow. Made a quick switch to the mini mert tipped off with a couple Larvaes and the perch were on the bite nothing in size then along came some sunnies with no size, then all went dead. Nice Northern came out of nowhere and went nose to nose with cb2’s mini mert with larvae but no bite. Northern was more interested in checking out the 560 camara. After a few minute of his Ballet with the camara he was gone but he came and went thru the morning as the perch came back harrassing us.
    No pictures were taken since the fish we caught was a couple small perch and one sunfish.
    The ice in this area was a good 20 inches very vocal today. Water temp was 37 degrees. Alot of traffic on the lake,trucks coming and going. Fish were edgy due to the traffic we noticed on the 560.
    Will be out tomorrow morning again working another spot that i have worked this year and had good response will see if they are still there..

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Thanks for the update, Glenn!

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

yeah. you would think, too, with the schools of perch that there would have been more walleye and northern feeding there. we only seen the one northern and the one walleye..it is the one time i can say i caught more fish than glenn…

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

If you call them fish…

You seen on the camara Chuck how my Fathead beat that Perch down..

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

yeah, that perch didn’t stand a chance…the minnow opened a can of whoop on the perch

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Hey cb2… I think I could head out there with a hook and can of corn and catch more fish than Glenn!

Just kiddin’ ya Glenn!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Oh and that blow coming from the fishing jinx???

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well I did not make it out this morning after all, my little guy was sick today and yep I had to deal with the problem at hand..
    But I will be posting fresh reports this weekend for I have a group coming out to fish so I will have a report with alot of pictures this weekend..

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Oh and that blow coming from the fishing jinx???

That hurt

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Sorry Dave…
    I rarely get skunked out on the lake..ummmm
    I have never ran out of LP before…ummmm
    But we will give it another go sometime here in the future…

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

lol… Yep… Had to wonder there for a while if you were for real. After half the day was gone, I was pretty sure that all those reports you were making were bull .

But now I know the truth. They are bull .

Just kidding Glenn!!! Yep, gonna have to get out there or that other lake I mentioned to you. If we can line them up on the ice, Chris Tuckner said he would come out and join in on the fun!!! Get him away from his desk!

centralmneyeguy
    Becker, MN

Catch a few this weekend for me guys! I haven’t been out in a couple weeks and since my wife surprised me with a trip to Vegas this weekend it is going to be a little longer until I get out again!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Dave

We do need to get out there soon and Chris can help we may need it…

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

Quote:

Hey cb2… I think I could head out there with a hook and can of corn and catch more fish than Glenn!

well the past couple times i have been with glenn, you wouldn’t even need the corn. jokin, glenn

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Poke your jabs that is fine cb2,

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

i won’t poke too hard…i know i am gonna get decked when you see me next

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.