Missing fish on Clearwater! It just vanished!

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Ok this is something I seen tonight just thought I would draw your attention with the heading.
    Going to pick up one of my employees driving along the lake I see this huge thing hunkered over on the ice,now slowing down I see it has a white head,yep a BIG Bald Eagle Beautifuil thing to see. He was chewing away at something, leaving him alone I picked up the employee and heading back to town I see the Eagle is gone but left the carcus of its prey,well I ran out to see what it was and sure enough someone lost a nice 12 to 13 inch crappie. I came to the conclusion that one scenario could be a person caught this fish tossed it out of there house onto the ice and with it flopping around the Eagle seen it within minutes of being tossed out and took it for dinner.
    My ears are going to be peeled to hear about this one now.. If a person lost a fish off the ice they knew they threw out there,someone is going to talk about it here in town or the bait shops.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Eagles can be an annoying scavenger at times. Most of us think of eagles as big, majestic birds.. some others dont, more like a preditory buzzard with a white head

I had an eagle dive down and take a mallard I dropped a couple years back hunting with blacksportsman in northern Minnesota. I was a tough day wih hardly anything flying. I dropped the bird and was pushing the boat out of the blind and that eagle was on top of it in a heartbeat(dead bird, not a cripple). I started yelling at the bird, and discharged my weapon in the air(not towards bird) to attempt to scare the bird into dropping my duck. The eagle dropped my duck about 300 yards away and I did retrieve the duck. It was sliced up pretty good by the talons.

Its a good thing the eagles were taking advantage of hunters losing birds here and there.. cripples are easy prey… but it goes too far when they start taking your game or fish near your presence.

I can see the little pomeranian dog getting carried away with a leash attatched already

Ok, I can say it was cool to see the eagle swoop down and take my duck, but it was frustrating none the less, and I would get upset if I lost birds daily.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.