Not very active!

• hardhitter_26
    Annandale, Mn

I went out on Clearwater to day and got out there about 6am. I found a spot about 40 feet of water and set up there. My marcum was showing some fish down at the bottom around 830am, so I dropped down the camera to see a small little walleye in front of my minnow. He only swam up and bumped it though. It looked to be about 6 to 7 inches in length. It was small but a walleye none the less.

A few minutes after that I had a lone blue gill come in take a look at my minnow just to turn and swim on by also.

Headed into shore about 1130am for a sandwich and to get some waxies.

Time is hard to tell now as I bent over to adjust a seat and “sploosh” goes my cell down the hole. But I think that around 12:30 we had a school of gills come into view, but just not biting. Waxies didn’t work, nor did minnows.

The evening bite wasn’t any better, we went out to a 50 foot hole we heard were producing crappies. Found our spot in 50 feet, dropped the camera down and about 20 to 25 feet was a nice little hump. But only a single crappie made a pass.

I talked to a few people out there and they weren’t having any luck either, I think this front has turned the fish away.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Troy~ Thanks for the update…

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Troy~
    Have you been switching your hook colors checking to see if that may change the bite.
    I personally have found that if you have the fish on cam and they are sticking around checking out your bait try and sneak one of the rods out of the hole and switch to a different color hook and see if that helps get them to bite a bit more agressive. Like the other day I was using a glow hook and had no luck getting them to take my presentation switched to a red hook real quick and had a fish out of the hole within minutes…
    try switchin up with different presentations if you have not tried it yet. If you want some of those glow hooks I make come see me…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.