Northern ATTACK!!!!

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Today out ice fishing using the Marcum VS-250 focusing in on our baits with the camara we watched a couple sunfish come in to investigate our baits when from the top of the monitor of the VS-250 coming in slowly was a Northern when all of a sudden in a mad dash he attacks the sunfish and drives head first into the lake bottom.. Awesome site to see,thought I would share with you all..

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

i was the other part of we. it was a once in a lifetime thing. very awesome.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I am out the door right now to see if I can use my marcum for the first time. THat sounds awsome. Get some of that recorded.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Unfortunately did not have the correct set up for recording but here in the near future I will. I am at the bargaining table right now getting the capable equipment camara to do such a thing,and using the Marcum VS-460 is going to make this all possible without the spooking of the fish..

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Outdoors4Life~
    One more thing becareful out there using these camaras can really get the heart pumping. cb2 and I got so excited over seeing that live in front of us I think alot of people on the lake might have thought we were just landed a state record fish when all it was,was seeing that live on the Marcum cam… My blood pressure went so fast we ended up leaving a bit early due to my instant haedache…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Glenn!
    Next time bring out some suckers. Throw on on a jig for those pike!

A guy can have a hay-day jigging pike on camera!!!!!!!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Outdoors4Life~
    One more thing becareful out there using these camaras can really get the heart pumping. cb2 and I got so excited over seeing that live in front of us I think alot of people on the lake might have thought we were just landed a state record fish when all it was,was seeing that live on the Marcum cam… My blood pressure went so fast we ended up leaving a bit early due to my instant haedache…

That is the funniest thing I have heard today.

While I was out the small sunnies were so thick down there I decided to have fun with them. They were small but it was fun watching them attack!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I have never had the chance to see it on camera, but I have caught part of the trashing a few times when muskies have hit my transducer at lake calhoun. Nothing like having your flasher suddenly sliding towards the hole and the water start to boil! Look down and its the striped back of a fish trying to swim away with its meal for a second(your transducer) before releasing it and dissapearing.

Exciting to see, but hard on the transducer cable.

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

it was a site to see. i was there and, man , i did not expect that comin. i was like, “Holy Crap!!”

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

I had a muskie hit my aqua vue on the drop on a small lake in wis. once and had to get a new cord and camera set up.Damn muskies!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.