01/23/2007 report!!!

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well stopped ion at B.J’s for the morning chit chat to find out the Bandits are back on Clearwater breaking into houses as of lastnight.. What a way to start a day. Even though I do not have a permanent house out there is still ticks me off to hear since this is the exact reason I do not have a Perm anymore…
    Well I set up in 35 F.O.W. as I was lowering the Marcum cam I took a second to glance at the monitor to find 2 Northerns dancing around the cam,spooked me at first to look over and see this big head staring into the cam.. Learned a lesson though that before you put a cam down make sure you have a fish finder in the water first so if you do come across fish you will know at what depths they are by watching your camara drop on the flasher..
    Well that was about all the excitment I got today from fishing.I tried a few different tactics today including the Go-Devils,red hooks and glows. I decided to throw a shiner down there and see if I could get my camara dancers to bite with no reply back from them..So I decided to wonder around and talk with others. Talked to a couple guys in the same area and they said the fish are gone and they were only there to move out to a different spot and one guy said he has had enough of this lake after finding out what happened lastnight with the thiefs… Real nice huh how this guy just had his fishing plans ruined for the year because of the disrespect of others.
    I guess if this keeps up the pressure on the lake will slow up but this is not the way to go about trying to restore this lake,and gives this lake a bad rep.
    Tomorrow I will not be reporting anything for I have a road trip to make but I will try and get Hardhitter out there and get him to post something on a morning bite.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sorry to hear about the problem with the butt heads All a person can do is hope things turn for the worst on the chicken crap! Someday things will catch up with them and they will pay for being idots! Hope someone like myself or alot of others here are the ones to catch them
    No sir officer, they fell many times on the ice trying to run away

hardhitter_26
    Annandale, Mn

I remember about 10 years ago someone had broken into my buddys house (and many others that same night) out on Clearwater, took everything he had including the coffee can he used to set on the “now stolen also” wood stove. What really baffles me is they stole the wood too. (Still think it was some young kids that did this).

He was really upset by this and decided to pull his house in and make it burgular proof.
    By that I mean he cut a 3 ft. by 2 ft. square into his house by the entrance and cut open the ice there. He then proceeded to put latte boards down and an old carpet over them.
    He checked the house every morning for the next month waiting to see if the carpet had been sucked down to the bottom of the lake. Never happened and actually I am quite glad it didn’t as I am sure he would be in lots of trouble with the law.
    Although one day his dad decides to go out fishing not knowing there is a booby trap waiting on the otherside of the doorway.
    As he steps in he hits the hole falls forward and breaks his right leg and ankle.
    Thankfully that’s the only thing that happened to him. He still talks to me about it to this day as the day “I almost killed my dad”.

I guess it just goes to show that trying to get even with the thieves in your own hands might just hurt the ones you really care about.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.