Not much to report…01/22/2007

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well headed out early this evening for the evening bite. Left out of B.J’s and using my new Ifinder GPS with LakeMaster chip installed got into the depth I wanted within a couple holes tapped. Funny thing is the Lakemaster chip was claiming I was in 18 F.O.W. yet the LX-5 over ruled it by reading 27 F.O.W. That was ok we still set up a couple lines and after about an hour and a half of nothing,and yes we threw a few varieties of baits at them,Go-Devils,Red Hooks tipped with Minnows,Mini Merts,Glow hooks and nothing in result. We packed it up and headed over about 20 yards where I found the 18 F.O.W. We spent the rest of the evening in that spot with nothing to show on camara or on the two LX’s.
    Tomorrow I am going to focus on deeper and stay away from the shallow areas and see what turns up. Seems like we were doing better in the 34+ F.O.W. range.
    I did talk to a couple guys out tonight one was sitting in my 3 day old shack nest left. He had 4 Walleyes from earlier today and nothing in the evening but fish were on his flasher just not biting. This time of the season is really becoming challenging here on Clearwater for the Walleyes. People are doing alright with the Crappies from what I have been told. For crappies they are focusing on the 50 foot holes.
    Houses are moving all around now searching for fish now that the ice is thick enough to take a few more chances. Ice is about 16 inches thick as of tonight where I sat.
    One thing I would like to say for all the browsers of the site that are fishing Clearwater, if you are driving your cars out there becareful and keep it slow. Tonight I seen three vehicles come racing across the lake at about 50 m.p.h. that is just not called for, first you will not have the proper conditions for stopping if you lose control,second it does the ice nothing but harm driving like that.. So “PLEASE SLOW DOWN” my kids and others are out there fishing…
    If you wanna race your cars get a License to race up at B.I.R.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Thanks for the report Glenn..I also heard the crappie were biting on Clearwater…Its a toss up for me right noe to hit Grand lake or Clearwater with the wife Sat night…We are lookin for some slabs for dinner we usually only keep a few meals a year and its about time…if you hear anything else on how they are doin post it if you dont mind…thanks Jay

CentralBassman

Was out there on sunday night for a shot time befor my heater busted but got a few nice fish.. But really had to work for them, had to really work them on the Marcum to get them to bit!!!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Jay~
    I will P.M. you with the latest spots for crappies..

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Mitch you looking for crappies? I know where they are it is the walleyes that are giving me the run around..
    But crappies no problem will P.M. you with the current hot spot for them..

CentralBassman

Yea them walleyes will do that… I sent you a PM

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

That is why I started enjoying this little game these Walleyes are playing with me and others. Really makes fishing more interesting..Tell you one thing if you wanna learn alot about Clearwater hunt Walleyes out there in the winter you will learn all you need to know about the structure of this lake.Todays GPS helps out alot but again nothing is like getting out there and drilling holes jumping around talking to others. Hands on is the way to go..

CentralBassman

Yea i like talking to ppl aswell.. And yes you it the nail right on the head about the GPS.. What one are your running and what chip??? I know you must have one?

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Wade hooked me up with a Lomrance Ifinder M&M the unit he is offering for $120.00 outstanding unit,I almost take the thing to bed with me at night. I am running the LakeMaster chip,it seems the best for the lakes I pound.
    I will tell you all that are reading this,if you want a cheap(pricewise)affordable handheld GPS unit get with Wade Keuhl(sp) here on the site soon cause these are awesome units.
    In the Summer I run the same chip in my Lowrance LMS-480 but this summer I will have my hand held Ifinder with me as well…

CentralBassman

Yea i know all about the GPS market and the chips. I use to work at Gander Mountain. I also un the lakemaster chip and a LMS-334 in the summer!!! I love it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.